6 weeks post break, 5 weeks post op for broken ankle

Posted , 10 users are following.

On Jan 10, I broke my ankle in 8 places and dislocated it(it was completely backwards). I had surgery a week later with screws and a plate. 2 weeks later I was put in a cast, go back in 2 weeks to have cast removed. I have been having some strange things going on and I am looking for answers.

1. Anytime I don't have my foot elevated it swells instantly.

2. My toes are a reddish purple and will feel like they are freezing, but when you touch them they are hot.

3. I keep getting these stabbing pains in my ankle, to the point they bring tears to my eyes.

4. If feels like someone is poking me with pins. This is not only in my ankle but all over my foot.

5. Muscle spasms, sometimes so bad that my whole leg will jerk. Not to mention, muscle cramps.

Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i feel what you are saying I also had a fall on May 29th Broke ankle and tibia bone under knee cap

surgery on june 16th have a splint cast on ankle and a knee brace was told I had to be non weight bearing for six weeks hasnt been a pleasant experience went back two weeks after surgery Dr removed surgery cast replaced with another splint cast ace banaged was told to start using resistance bands to move ankle and start moving knee .

in so much pain especially after trying to stand to use the bathroom with the knee brace which is up to my thigh im glad i found this site to help enlighten me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.