6 weeks post knee operation

Posted , 10 users are following.

Its now 6 weeks post op, and 40 degrees knee flexion my physiotherapist said I am progressing slowly, but my knee is still really stiff and heavy and unable to bend properly ... Is this recovery normal?? I feel so down and depressed I know it wasn't going to be an easy road to recovery but some of the things I have been reading on here seems like I'm the only one unable to bend my knee at the stage I am at?? My thigh muscles are so weak ive been doing the home exercises and using my foam roller I seem to be getting know wer as any one at all had similar problems NY pt said I have lots of scar tissue so ive been massaging my knee I just feel like am in a pickle I go back and see my surgeon next week at Sheffield hope he can give me some answers 😊

2 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Jenni...you go girl!!

The bicycling pumps the knee which sends the swelling back to the heart .

Just awesome...so happy for you

hugs

judith

• Posted

So today was the day I saw my surgeon 2 weeks on and  good news is in order his words were I am getting there heading in the right direction and have turned a massive corner but not to rest on my laurels and keep going and i will be fine and try slowly ween myself off the crutches one at a time and get more confident  around the flat, I told hime that I can see a difference every day but the heaviness is the only problem he said its ( Scar tissue) which i knew but he said it will be there for quite a while months maybe but i am going to keep going and hopefully be walking un aided soon he wants me back in 8 weeks to see my progress, I have pt on wednesday and ;looking forward to see what progress i have made,  im surprised i didn't  get it measured today oh well 

hope all is well and feeling better much love 

• Posted

Down be so down hearted - I'm 6 weeks post op and still need two crutches although mostly to make me walk properly. I can't bend my knee that well but my major problem is my foot and ankle. So painful! When I get up in the morning I ache all over - no idea why but I will mention it to the physio next week.

• Posted

aw you will get there yes definatly mention to your pt about aching all over and your feet and ankles i wonder what is causing them too hurt!

I will be very shocked and proud of myself if i am walking un aided in 6'8 weeks we shall se keep me updated on your progress and let me know what your physio says

im at physio tomorrow im eager to find out my bending measurments i have been naughty today and not really done any exercise only done my massaging and walked with 1 crutch around the flat.

we will get there keep going tomorrows another day x

• Posted

Been out to a meeting which means I had to sit feet down. Come home my foot is very swollen and uncomfortable!

I've done my exercises twice today - just don't be able to do them three times.

Did take my dog out for a walk using my disability scooter. If I didn't have that the dog wouldn't get a walk! Will get back when I see physio.

• Posted

sorry to hear that Elizabeth,  it's a good job you do have a scooter try rest your feet in warm water soak them in a bowl  that should ease them 

and good luck with the physio 

much love x

• Posted

So I am now 9 weeks post op and been writing about my progress on my recovery and knee bend I was at pt yesterday and have there is a massive improvment with my knee bend last week I was 52 degrees bend and this week i am a wopping 64 degrees knee bend a whole 12 degrees in a week so im doing something right! I am so proud of myself I wasn't expecting such a big jump a few degrees but not 12 im not going to sit on my laurels though haven't done much exercise today as i pushed myself to much yesterday, my goal is to get passed 90 degrees and walk properly onwards and upwards hope all is well

• Posted

Hi all How's everyone been getting on I had pt yesterday now at 68 degrees knee bend I am so happy with my progress just wish and pray to god that this scar tissue (Arthrofibrosis) in my knee shifts in time still so stiff but not as heavy am building more strength in my muscles still pottering about the flat with one crutch gaining confidence every day progress is going well just dont want to expect to much I am still taking each day as it comes, Not taking as much medz anymore hope all is well I am 10 week post op today as well and this time 10 weeks ago I would'nt of thought how far I've come onwards and upwards  

• Posted

Good for you, Natalie...you have worked hard, you stuck with the program even when the sticking was tough, and you are winning!

I knew you could do it.....

really big, warm hug

• Posted

Thanks all pt went well again on thursday im now up to 75 degrees nearly up to 90 degrees now hope all is well lots of love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.