6 Weeks Post Op

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello!

I'm desperately trying to find out if having pain 6 weeks after my TKR is not uncommon. I'm having a lot if pain and bending the knee. I'm still taking pain meds, especially at night. I'm in quit a bit of pain after going out for awhile. My knee is tight and I think that's normal, right?

Some of my PT exercises I can do really well and others, especially working on ROM is difficult.

Is any of this normal?? I feel really discouraged at this point. Any help is appreciated.

2 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 13 weeks post op with a TKR. I remember feeling very discouraged about 6 weeks-thinking I should be father along. By 8 weeks I started feeling pretty good and began pushing myself probably too hard as I am now back to a a stiff knee and possible strained Achilles tendon. Be patient with yourself. It sounds like you're doing great! This is a journey and you have received some excellent advice here on the forum.

• Posted

Thank you, mommermom!

Yes, I have received a lot of great information and support. Glad I stumbled across this forum.

Thanks again and best of luck with your healing!

• Posted

Hi just read your post . I am also 6 weeks left TKR and am in the same positon as you this is my second TKR had the right knee done about 2 years ago . I know it will get better but just like you I feel discouraged  at this stage  I don't sleep much at night and my knee is very sore . Hope it will get better soon good luck with yours s it was good to know that iam not on my own at this stage of recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.