6 weeks post surgery big toe pain?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i'm 6 weeks post surgery and i have this odd sensation under my big tow near the tip, it almost feels as if i'm stepping on a staple if i press on it too hard ? Has anyone had this? i should have mentioned it at my consultation but forgot! could this be the nerves? its not anywhere near the cut?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kate,

I Had a bunion operation 21months ago and in November i went back to see a different surgeon as i have had pain in my foot ever since. The out come of that appointment is i have to have another operation because the first surgeon didnt perform it properly and the screw he used was too big & has been rubbing on my bone. Not looking forward to this but he says it has to come out asap, ive postpone it till January. Dont think this is is what is wrong with your foot but you never know.

I wish i hadnt left it for so long but i read on the internet it could take up to 2 years to heal properly.

Hope everything is ok &your foot heals soon.

• Posted

It seems that a lot of people have some kind of permanent hardware after bunion surgery.I sort of expected I would have one too. But my doctor said he does not do it this way. I hope he is right. I did a lot of research to select a surgeon and he is the number one foot surgeon in my state.

• Posted

I had a screw that dissolved - and a pin he removed. So no internal hardware for me. I had the bunionectomy and fixed hammer toe. Seems to be holding together fine.

• Posted

That's great to hear, I wish my would have gone that way.

• Posted

hi everyone i just wanted to update you all. 10 weeks post surgery and that pain has gone completely and i'm really pleased. today i walked 12500 steps (may have overdone it! but it was fairly pain free for the most part. hoping to attach a before and after photo here: image

• Posted

oh the before wont post

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.