6 weeks today

Posted , 12 users are following.

So I am 6 weeks today. I have had a bit of roller coaster ride in getting here, but I am glad that I have had it done.

I am still limping, but I know it will get right eventually. It may be connected to the tightness in my muscle. But since I have been doing the extra stretches, its beginning to feel looser!

Finally my beloved stockings are off too! I have even slept on non operated side, mainly when I have woken up in the early mornings.

I have my 6 week check on Monday.

Ann

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ann,

That is great news....well done. I am still awaiting op and as yet do not know when this will take place

( I am in Spain )but so good to read a positive post !

My friend also had the dreaded limp - actually for around 3 months, then rather surprisingly over the course of only a few days, she noticed it got less and less and very shortly after this time "back to normality !! "

Keep up the good work.

Helen x

• Posted

delighted to hear youre healing well Ann. Unfortunately I dont share same outcome. Had CHR of right hip on Mar 16, 2017. Still experiencing quute a lot of soreness, esp if I lift ANYTHING heavy on that side, even a 3lt carton milk! Ive had an inj in site in Feb last year to no avail..then following an MRI that showed some tendon damage had an ultrasound guided steroid inj in November..still no improvement. Still cannot lie/sleep on that sidefor any longer than 15 mins. Rant over !

• Posted

Hi Brigit, i had my THR in November 2018 and afterwards having less pain and able to walk short distance without any aid til Jan 2019.

I went back to work on the 7th of January and started with knee pain beg if Feb.

Had an MRI of he knee and that all looks fine. Also had xrays on knee, thigh and hip and they were all fine too.

The Consultant I saw today that the pain I have in my knee, groin, hip and lower back could be as the OP has not been that long ago and that the body has to be balance it self and heal itself.

so basically that it could all be after effects from being in pain for 2 years with a hip fracture which did not heal and the THR.

Stick with it and hopefully in time you will get better.

Take care

Petra

• Posted

I am sorry that you are still in pain and struggling to sleep. I hope that it can be sorted out for you. Just a thought have you tried rubbing Arnica into muscle.

Ann

• Posted

Ann thats fab news and im really happy for you its good for everyone to hear good news journeys !

Im 10 days into my second hip replacement with 6 months inbetween both this one so far has been much easier than my first right hip replacement much less painful with only odd spasms which was a problem with my first

Hope everything continues on the right path for you take care Lynne

• Posted

Hi. Great news- well done. I'm pre op but I'm waiting my turn patiently. Giving me time to get my house sorted for when I come home ie things on raised areas so I don't have to bend plus hopefully a new walk in shower ( been promising it myself for ages and seems right time now to sort it ).

Everyone's journey is different and it's good to read those who wish to share.

• Posted

Hi Ann, pleased you are doing well. Such a great feeling when you don't need the stockings any more! Don't worry about your limp, it should gradually improve. I was certainly limping beyond 6 weeks, and now I'm absolutely fine.

All the best,

Judith

• Posted

Your messages are always so reassuring Judith. Thank you. I always feel better after I have read one of your posts. At this stage we worry we will always be limping.

• Posted

Oh thanks Rose! I used to be worried that I was limping a bit, and still getting tired at about 10 weeks post op. It's so true that that you continue to improve for up to a year. That was certainly the case for me anyway. Now I do everything that I used to do years ago, before the pesky osteoarthritis got going! (Swimming, riding my bike, skiing, but not distance running.) Wishing you all the best, Judith

• Posted

Yes Rose, Judith is right,

My surgeon said yesterday it will improve and he also said it can take up to a year. I am still happy that I have had the operation. I was in so much pain and unable not only to basic stuff that involved bending but walking was impossible at times.

Ann

• Posted

I think your pushing it ops take time to heal do some work if you can but you need time to rest and heal mine took 2 years still not right

• Posted

Snap Jane...I am 2 years post op since yest 16th. Total right hip replacement..still in a lot of discomfort esp if standing for any length of time, lift anything heavy and still cant sleep on that side, it just gets so sore! Although Ive arthritis in other hip too, wouldnt consider replacement unless ABSOLUTELY necessary!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.