6 weeks today

Posted , 12 users are following.

So I am 6 weeks today. I have had a bit of roller coaster ride in getting here, but I am glad that I have had it done.

I am still limping, but I know it will get right eventually. It may be connected to the tightness in my muscle. But since I have been doing the extra stretches, its beginning to feel looser!

Finally my beloved stockings are off too! I have even slept on non operated side, mainly when I have woken up in the early mornings.

I have my 6 week check on Monday.

Ann

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

luckily my surgeon put me on medication so i didnt need the stockings. i am 10 weeks post op and my wife says i still have a limp when i am not thinking about it. I am sure your six week check will be fine and then every week gets so much better

• Posted

Thank you for your messages, I had my six weeks check today. And now I understand why muscle is going to take time. 'If you had seen how much

muscle that I had to cut through', where his words. I can sleep on my side, but he still wants no bending and twisting.But he is happy so far. And will see me again in a couple of months.

I also feel like Ive turned a a bit of a corner, I have started to walk to and down garden path without crutches.

Ann

• Posted

Well done Anne. I had my THR on Saturday, home Monday and unbelievable well. Realise everyone is different and that I will have ups and downs but so far so good.

Megan

• Posted

Hi Megan,

Ahh, I had a fair few wobbles and a melt down. Happier regarding tightness of muscle since seeing surgeon yesterday. Its due to how much he had to cut through. (I am not huge, but went from 8 stone to 10 .5 stone after thyroid issues).

Good to hear that you are feeling well. Remember to do your exercises and build up your walking gradually. And we all heal differently, Good luck with your recovery.

Ann

• Posted

I had minimal invasive surgery and that was avoiding cutting through muscle so recovery is very quick. I thought that was the norm now?

• Posted

Just wanted to drop in and see well done!!!

Six weeks is such a huge milestone and everything gets so much easier from here

I am at the same stage as you and definitely still limping. I remember last time worrying about this, and wondering if it will ever go!! It will correct itself in the end. Just concentrate on every single step, making sure you are heel to toe.

Well done!

• Posted

Thanks Rose,

Yes I have got better last few days. And understand why I have the limp, more so now, surgeon said in time it will go.

And yes I am doing heal to toe!

I am happier that the stockings are off too!

Ann

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.