6 Years of Chronic Gas and Bloating

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the past 6 years I've had the most TERRIBLE trapped gas and bloating every day. I'm bloated no matter what I eat or what medication I take. I think the problem is I rarely pass gas. I might fart once a day if I'm lucky!

When I press on my stomach it feels hard and I can feel big "bubbles" of air inside of me. I've taken all the gas-x, charcoal, ginger tea and simenthicone a girl can find and it doesn't provide any real relief. I've even had an abdominal ultrasound and the nurse said she couldn't see my organs from too much air in my abdomen...

It may seem like a small problem but the pressure and pain causes so many problems in my life. The constant pressure from the gas causes my heart to race and skip beats which is a whole other issue on its own.

After many tests my doctor cannot find a cause and just labeled it as irritable bowel. But I don't have any other ibs symptoms, only the bloating! And even when I ate the special FODMAP diet it didn't make a difference at all.

Someone please give me any remedies you know of for this problem. Or any possible disorders you know of that could cause gas and bloating for years and years on end. I don't want to deal with this forever.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

have you tried giving up dairy?

• Posted

Yes I don't eat any dairy. Always use substitutes like almond milk

• Posted

I was on a no gluten diet for a month. Also been tested for celiac and it was negative

• Posted

how about giving up sugar, alcohol or fizzy drinks? Natural remedies like peppermint tea or peppermint oil capsules are supposed to help also apple cider vinegar. If you are in the UK deflatine tablets are pretty good.

• Posted

Hi jasmine81288

Have you tried "Windeze" you can get it from the pharmacy at local well known supermarkets or chemists. It may help you to pass the accumulating air in your abdomen....

• Posted

I was also told that some of my organs could not be seen because of bowel gas and the fact that my bowel was in the way. I was told eventually I had IBS because I had typical IBS symptoms. Have you tried a gluten free diet to see if you are gluten sensitive? Gluten sensitivity can cause bloating. Also try avoiding gassy vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts and avoid fizzy drinks.

• Posted

You have tried just about everything over the past 6 years with no results but you did not state that you have consulted a certified dietitian or nutritionist who could put you on the right track with a proper daily menu. It is highly recommended.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.