6TH DAY ON CIT

Posted , 4 users are following.

:?

6TH DAY TODAY! well i still getting the sweats and still waking up in the night and sleeping in till 11 some mornings but ok.

its hard to tell really if feel different but seem pretty level, as i have been signed off i am just staying in my 4 walls and hibernating so not getting too stressed apart from the court case next week.

feel tired and bit out of it but not in a horrible way and still not drinking alcohol as too scared too in case of side effects- not such a bad thing though.

still have a short fuse, tested to the limit other nite when teenage son still watching tv at 11.30pm when he has school in morning and wouldnt turn it off!!! hope that passes dont like getting worked up. concentration a nil really tried to put something together for my dad today which i am usually good at but got it all wrong so son sorted it!!! hopethat doesnt linger...

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm also on my 6th day i 2 am having trouble sleeping but not as bad as the 1st few nights i'm feeling sick most of the time tho but while i'm writing this its probably the best i've felt since i started on the tablets on monday just wish i would stop feeling sick.
  • Posted

:?

hi there

how have you been apart from the sleeping? are you at work? just interested as I am well tired again today and woke up many times again last night. how was your sleep?

D

• Posted

hiya had my best sleep last nite only woke up about 4 times the nite b4 that tho was terrible gave up at 5 oclock, my other biggest side affect is feeling sick most of the day tho it is starting 2 go now .I had last week off & was due 2 do nites this week but got another note 4 a week,on 20mg this week 2
  • Posted

Hiya

thats good i have to say although i woke up several times i dont feel too bad today. i hope tomorrow is same as I have to give evidence at crown court so need to be with it.

its good the doc gave you another week mine gave me two when i got the tablets as he said it would take that long to settle on them. have felt a bit nauseous at times but not badly.

make the most of the peace and quiet and not having to go to work am sure the rest does you the world of good, you need to get off the roundabout for a while when going through this.

start counselling today so hoping that will help

• Posted

How are you getting on?

I'm 5 days in. Last night I had the deepest sleep I've had for years, and feel very groggy today. I had lots to drink the previous night so maybe that affected it, and maybe I was tired still.

Can anyone tell me any experiences about when to take, and affects with alcohol? I've stopped drinking now in case it has an affect, but drank the other night mainly because I was feeling really dizzy so thought a couple of drinks may ease the side affects! It did!

• Posted

hi there

i am now on day 15 and off work still.this mainoly due to the fact the cause of my depression is because of bullying at work and the fact that i was a witness last week at crown court for a murder trial(was one of my clients).

you should not drink with the cit, iread alot on here when i started them and people say the same it will have nasty side effects. before i started the cit i drank every night, usually a bottle of wine. this was to unwind after yet another stressful day at work, sitting all day near the bully and pretending all was fine, putting on the brave face as didnt want her to see how badly it was affecting me coz then she would have won.

the alcohol made it worse and i have self harmed before starting the cit whilst very drunk and feeling worthless( had near 2 bottles those nights)

i have just started having a glass of wine just before bed but that is it.

have you had any other side effects? i have had dizziness today actually the fone went and it woke me up and i got up too quick maybe, i dunno but i felt crap and went back to bed.

• Posted

Thanks Deelou, I think I shall avoid the alcohol then!

I started getting really dizzy on 3rd day in, kept thinking I was going to be sick and sitting on the bathroom floor for a while until it passed. Had a lot to drink and I felt fine! I got really paranoid yesterday as I thought the dizziness might be the tablets starting to work, and that I might have prevented them from working with the drink later that day. I hope that's not the case!

Usually I would drink a bottle or two of wine; I find it very hard to stop once I've had a couple of glasses! Have stopped drinking now. Although, I'm finding the grogginess worse than a hangover! Hope this passes soon??

• Posted

Hi im also on 15th day 1st week on 10mg felt sick most the week & couldnt sleep then was getting better at the w'end then had 2 up my dose 2 20mg & it all started again.Been 2 the doctors 2day & was going 2 change my tablets but reading most of the responses on here the side affects go after 2 to 4 weeks so he is keeping me on them 4 another 2 weeks 2 c .The doctor signed me off work 4 another week & half which helps & i to havent had anything 2 drink with them yet because what ive read & the way ive been feeling sick not wanting a drink.
  • Posted

Hi Bison

the effects do wear off so stick with it and it will get better. my problem is that i am starting to feel bad again there are things that have triggered that so i am hoping it will pass and i will feel more even like i was before last week! see doc friday so we see.....

Hi Stuart72

i think that is a quite noraml effect of the cit especially when the dose is up, other peeps on here have said that happens so try not to worry too much. to be honest i was scared half the death to even start them reading stuff on here but glad i have as on the whole i am improving.if you are going to drink only have 1 as it isnt advisable but then i appreciate it is nice to have 1 to be sociable but i stop at that which is also a good move ini the right direction for me. stick with it and keep updating your progress and i will do same

• Posted

Cheers deelou had a really good day monday thought it was getting beta then y'day felt like shit but think my biggest problem now is i'm not sleeping the sickness is wearing off a bit.Been 2 the doctors this mornoing tho & asked 4 some sleeping tablets so hopefully that will help take care
  • Posted

Hi all

19th day on cit and been back to docs today. i have now been increased to 30mg and see how it goes as been feeling down again!

dont know if this is about getting the dose right for me we will see. back to doc's on 21/12 as he wants to keep a close eye on me.

sleep still on and off some nights get a good sllep and others am awake around 3am and cannot got back to sleep for ages then sleep in.

others i sleep well but still feel groggy in morning.

Bison and Stuart 72 how are you getting on?

• Posted

[quote:8e48554738=\"DEELOU\"]Hi all

19th day on cit and been back to docs today. i have now been increased to 30mg and see how it goes as been feeling down again!

dont know if this is about getting the dose right for me we will see. back to doc's on 21/12 as he wants to keep a close eye on me.

sleep still on and off some nights get a good sllep and others am awake around 3am and cannot got back to sleep for ages then sleep in.

others i sleep well but still feel groggy in morning.

Bison and Stuart 72 how are you getting on?[/quote:8e48554738]

• Posted

Hi deelou

ive had the best week since ive been on the tablets still on 20mg ,had 2 go for some sleeping tablets wednesday still sleeping shite feeling sick is passing tho.My boss has been good but had HR fone me thurs 2 say ive got 2 go 4 a chat monday which really wound me up saying i have no time off & only been off just ova 2 weeks they reckon cause im off with depression they have 2 c if they can do anything 2 help tho i think some of it might be work cant really say cause they will take me off my job besides im due back wednesday anyway take care

• Posted

Hi Stuart

you will find the HR thing is standard practice. it is a welfare thing they have to do for stress or depression. they also have to advise you about couselling as well. so please dont feel victimised but what i would say is that they should come to you not you go to them. I wasnt asked to go in for that they visited me at home and you should be offered the same opportunity.

i have however been in for an interview re the disiplinary over the whistleblowing and bullying at work, but even thenn they would have come to me if i requested it i just didnt want them in my house.(there was 3 of em and a minute taker)

i am glad to hear the sickness is passing, my sleep is still very interrupted most nights and i am groggy in the morning. dont feel pressured to go back too soon otherwise it will get you again and you will be off even longer, consider whats best for you it isnt an overnight recovery and you need time to heal, try and take it easy.

• Posted

stuart forgot to say, when reading that back it seems it could be taken either way- i have been bullied for a long time and i also whistleblowed on some stealing and it hasnt gone down well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.