7.5 months on citalopram and FEELING GREAT! :D

Posted , 8 users are following.

One of the things I came on this site hoping to see was good news stories about people being treated for depression and/or anxiety as I suffered from both. . . so here's mine! 

For the last 2.5 months or so, I have felt happy, relaxed, free from panic, with practically zero anxiety and free from any negative thoughts whatsoever.  . . It's fantastic!! 

I guess it's good to remind myself of how far I have come. I plan to come off the medication in the next few months but for now I am just happy to have come so far. 

So be patient and have hope those who are just starting!! Don't forget about therapy though! I believe it was an essential element of my recovery and an invaluable tool for ensuring permanency in my stable and happy condition!! cheesygrin

Goodluck and peace out to all!!! 

Agirl xxx

4 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi anonymousgirl. I'm so pleased to read your success story it has given me the lift I need. I was going along happily on 40mg which went down to 20mg and I was still happy then bang out of the blue anxiety and depression. Been back on 40mg for two weeks now and waiting to hopefully get back to where I was asap.
    • Posted

Hi Michael, 

best of luck! I had a bit of anxiety today and it kind of built into panic. It took me aback as it was literally the first time that has happened in months but I was under extreme pressure at work and I am only in the position for a few weeks at this stage so I guess that's normal enough! It made me question the idea of going off the tablets soon but I will hold on for another few weeks - one isolated incidence isn't exactly enough reason to prevent me from stopping the medication. Especially under the circumstances as I decided to quit the job today after the way I was treated by the manager. I have never been spoken to so rudely and in fact outright ignored by a superior in the workplace simply because I did what I was told and asked for help with what I was doing because it was too busy and we were understaffed!! I am most definitely either going to quit or bring it up with the head manager at work because I will not put up with that long-term!!

Best of luck to you! 

Agirl 

• Posted

It must have been down to the pressure. They don't sound like very nice people to work for.
    • Posted

Ps good luck for the future and thanks for the reply.
    • Posted

Thanks Michael. EVerything was fine today. the manager mentioned I need to remember to let them know if I don't get a chance to keep on top of things before it gets out of control and that I need to communicate more. The other manager who was rude to me was much nicer. So i think I learnt a lesson about what not to do and she learnt a lesson that she can't talk to me like that even if I DO do something  wrong!! 

Hope you are on the up! 

Agirl xx

• Posted

That's great news agirl. What A good way to end the week. I went to see my gp today and she has put me on zopiclone. Not sure of the spelling. Just taken the first one. Only six days before I go on my first holiday for six years. I hope I can feel a bit better by then. 16th day on cit. fingers crossed. 
    • Posted

The Zopiclone is for sleeping agirl. I took 3.75mg last night and slept well and didn't feel abnormally drowsy this morning. So that's three consecutive nights sleep. One using 10mg Diazapam, one nothing and one on Zopiclone. Tonight I will go without. I must say that I am feeling a bit better smile. If I can get my sleeping and eating back on track I think I'll feel a lot better. Have a good day and thanks for your help.
    • Posted

Great Michael! That's wonderful news! I hope you sleep tonight au naturel!! haha smile 

Yes, sleeping and eating are the basics!! No matter if you're not doing much or going out much, you should at least try to have those two in order as they have a HUGE impact on mood!! 

Keep me posted! 

Agirl x

• Posted

Well agirl last night it was eu natural as far as the medication goes. I slept pretty well but I will be on Zopiclone tonight. I understand your comment HUGE impact on mood. I feel if I can get those sorted out I might see some improvement. I really appreciate your encouragement it's helped me so much. I'm going on holiday on Thursday and didn't expect to be feeling like this. It's really put a dampner on it.
    • Posted

Hi Michael, 

That's good that you slept through most of the night smile Step in the right direction. 

You are so welcome!! I am glad to be of help. Try to remain positive about your holidays, if you tell yourself it will go badly, it will. Just try to make sure you are uber prepared well on time so that the stressful travelling/airport etc. parts run smoothly. In one way, you could say it's the perfect time to have a holiday as you will get the chance to relax, experience new surroundings and maybe have some fun! Environmental enrichment increases the growth of neurons in your brain which helps increase focus and concentration! It is thought that restimulating neuron growth in the brain may be how drugs like citalopram actually work as the growth of neurons, termed neurogenesis, takes the same amount of time that it does for the drugs to kick in! :D . . .So long story short, a change of scene might be just what you need! cheesygrin

Chat soon,

Agirl xx

• Posted

Hi Agirl

Your post has helped me so much. What you said is exactly what I am hoping for. I am going to India so that will be a massive change in every respect. I know that I am stressing badly about the holiday and how I will cope. It's 50/50 between travelling around and relaxing. I know that October and November have been bad for me for the last two years. I do so much outdoor activity in the spring and summer and then the cold and short days come and "bang" I am down with anxiety and depression. I understand that it is 30 to 34 where we are going so I am hoping the sun will bash my neurons into making me feel happy again.

I can't thank you enough for your encouragement.

• Posted

It sounds like the sun will do you a world of good and let you keep as active as you like!! smile 

Enjoy your holiday!!! 

Stay in touch, 

Agirl xxx  cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.