7 cm subserosal uterine fibroid

Posted , 9 users are following.

HELLO everyone IAM 30 YEARS OLD single and i have 7 CM uterine fibroid on the outside of my uterus . I WANTED to do uterine fibroid Embolization but the doctor said it is not allowed in my case as the fibroid is big . BUT I SEE many patients who went through UFE with fibroids as bigger as mine. he suggested that i do a laparoscopic myomectomy and am very afraid that i die during the procedure or they switch to a hysterectomy if something goes wrong .AM SLEEPLESS FOR many nights and depressed i will appreciate that you give me a suggestion about UFE and i would like to hear your replies thank you .

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Was it a gynecologist or interventional radiologist who told you your fibroid was too big? I had UFE in September for a 8.6cm intramural fibroid. My interventional radiologist told me that though my fibroid was on the larger size, it was by no means "huge" in her experience. At the same time, my gynecologist kept referring to my fibroid as "HUGE." That said, my gynecologist was supportive of my getting UFE. So far, I feel like the outcome has been positive, though I'm only 3 months post-procedure. my heavy bleeding has lessened and I have far fewer bulk symptoms. I would suggest getting a second opinion.

• Posted

@SingingSoxFan thank you so much for the info i will try to get a second opinion❤

• Posted

i do believe it too big for the ufe but the historectomy would be the next safest procedure mine were small but i had several but my ufe went fine i had lots of pain but my menstrual cycle is nothing like it was before just google read and consider maybe try the ablation

• Posted

@asaiaha38084 why do you think a hysterectomy will be the safest ? iam only 30 single with no kids and hysterectomy means no more hormones and heart disease and i will be switched to menaupose . i prefer to die rather than taking out my uterus .

• Posted

Never allow to remove your uterus, there are several alternative treatments available. My advice is based on my own experience.

• Posted

i had a laparoscopic myomectomy and I too was afraid I was not going to make it I even wrote a good bye letter just in case However, the surgery went well with no complications and I am glad I did the surgery. My doctor decided to do the surgery because I had a lot (7 fibroids and 1 cyst) of fibroids >4-7cm and because of my age (39) it was best to go in there and take it out and get it over with! being afraid to die is normal but consider that your doctor has done a lot of sugeries and you are in good hands. good luck!!

• Posted

is there a chance that they will injure other organs like the bladder ? AND HOW they control bleeding from the uterus in laparoscopic surgery ?

• Posted

is there a chance that they will injure other organs like the bladder ? AND HOW they control bleeding from the uterus in laparoscopic surgery ?

• Posted

You are really right this ops can be scary as it does not work for everyone.

Mine was big but they started me with propstaps injection to shrink it.

Ask for that within 3 months then get referral fir UEA.

If you are on any hormone med try to stop gradually but carry with tranexamic during your menstrual circle.

• Posted

THE doctor think that UFE CANNOT done on my fibroid because my fibroid is outside my uterus subserosal fibroid

• Posted

It depends on the location of the fibriods as well. My gynaecologist was against UEA but after speaking with UEA sugeon he said big fibriods are safe all they do is block the blood supply that helps fibriods to grow.

I was on prostabs with my gyanecology every 3 months till i get my ops appointment. I did it a week ago all i am dealing is frequent pain and on mirphine and paracetamol. Bleeding is nolonger heavier but i was advised to take tranexamic acid though. You ll be awake but numb through out the procedure. Good luck all

• Posted

thank you all for your reply i will take every info and advice you have given me into consideration love you all ❤❤❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.