7 cm subserosal uterine fibroid

Posted , 9 users are following.

HELLO everyone IAM 30 YEARS OLD single and i have 7 CM uterine fibroid on the outside of my uterus . I WANTED to do uterine fibroid Embolization but the doctor said it is not allowed in my case as the fibroid is big . BUT I SEE many patients who went through UFE with fibroids as bigger as mine. he suggested that i do a laparoscopic myomectomy and am very afraid that i die during the procedure or they switch to a hysterectomy if something goes wrong .AM SLEEPLESS FOR many nights and depressed i will appreciate that you give me a suggestion about UFE and i would like to hear your replies thank you .

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi first of all was it a Gynecologist who said this. if it was then you are being lied to. The only person who can tell you that is a Radiologist they do a scan which determines if you can or cant have one . i had UFE and it shrunk the Fibroid from 11cm and 7cm. Small enough for me to get a Myomectomy which was what i wanted. The only down side from UFE is future pregnancies i was past that being in my late forties at the time. whatever you decide good luck.

• Posted

HI PATRICIA , YES I WAS told by a gynecologist that i cannot do UFE PLEASE CAN YOU answer me why you did a myomectomy if you already did a UFE ?

• Posted

i had the Myomectomy cos i still had a Fibroid that was 7.5cm after UFE which had previouslybeen 11cm so my periods were really bad not as bad as before UFE but bad enough. this is the reason i had the Myomectomy done. i dont regret it though cos without UFE i would have had to have a Hysterectomy. which i didnt want. i now have started Menopause and i have never regretted my decision. i had to fight to get both procedures done though. but now i will not have any life long problems which a Hysterectomy would have caused. i feel women are pressured into Hysterectomy when they are not needed. with me they are like pushy sales people. the more they pushed the more determined i was not to give in. think its so wrong. i have my final appointment tomorrow and now i only ever see Lady Gynecologists funny that makes me laugh. my advice fight for what you want its your body not theirs.

• Posted

IAM very happy for you . I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE UR RIGHT IT IS MY BODY NOT THEIRS . LOVE U

• Posted

fair enough i needed to know why you need another surgery after UEA

I was also pressured to remove my womb from gynae and her team.

it was a tough decision to resist because she rated me as being sturborn. she thought my chances of child bearing are low im 41yrs of age.

She gave me negetive thoughts for UEA but i am glad it worked for me.

Bleeding has subsided with tranexamic

Not like heavy as before surgery.

Good luck with your journey.

• Posted

I also need to know why you did another surgery seems you already done UEA

i was told after UEA that i ll not be needing anymore surgery.

• Posted

HI rosemary i did not do any kind of surgery am preparing for the surgery that you weman in the forum gave me advice about and i like to take ur advice .I JUST thought UFE IS enough TO shrink and dissolve the fibroid why you want to do another surgery like myomectomy which is a little dangerous . IF I do UFE WILL i need to do a myomectomy as a following procedure ? THANK U

• Posted

i have a 15.5cm fibroid in my uterus and finally i got on the surgical wait list but they are doing open surgery and a hysterectomy as i no long want anymore kids but the system is just not considerate of any pain u go through with a fibroid unless ur iron levels are really low they dont give a s**t . i have to wait 12 months to get in and for the past year i have been in absolute constant pain. bleeding so heavy its not funny. i am that exhausted and tired some mornings i cant even get outta bed to take my kids to school. i am not backing down till i get moved up to an urgent catorgory, my gp has already evoked the ryans rule but unfortunately u cant use it unless u are an inpatient not an outpatient.

• Posted

Westfort Hospital, very bad hospital, only business oriented, no ethics. Gynecologist Dr. Praveen will suggest you to remove your uterus for minor reasons. like fibroids, big size of uterus, adenomyosis, etc., Never believe this butcher gynec doctor, he is a liar, never tell you the consequences of this major surgery. He destroyed my life forever, cheated me by hiding the severe impacts. I lost my beauty and health, wrinkles on my skin and my fair skin color turned to dark, can't sleep, body temperature increased sharply, severe back pain, constipation, loss of interest in sex, my sex life ended forever, mentally unstable, looks like 10 more year old. All because of this liar doctor, he exploited me and my husband's ignorance, he never told me about the long term impacts. For uterus abnormalities there are so many other treatments available, we were ignorant about these alternative treatments. Never allow to remove your uterus, that will be the end of your family life and health. Please don't consult this corrupt and liar doctor, never go to this hospital. This is my humble appeal to save other women and their husbands from Dr.Praveen's trap.

• Posted

hi i am very sorry that u went through what u did and i get that u obviously went through a horrible experience but that doesnt mean everyone will go through a horrible experience .

yes some hospitals are worse then others and im worried about going to the hospital im going to for my surgery but if i go get a second or third opinion i will have to start all over again and get back on the wait list.

i dont know how long ago ur procedure was done but u can ring the health ombudsman and make a complaint, if u feel they didnt inform u of ur proper rights then maybe take the matter further and call a lawyer, someone recommended shine lawyers to me maybe they could help as long as ur procedure was done under two years ago.

• Posted

update on my progress. since making a complaint to the health ombudsman i have now been moved from cat 3 to cat 2 and will be having surgery within the next 21/2 months. im so looking forward to taking back my life and not feeling like constant s**t all day every day.

• Posted

hi hun i understand ur scared and ive place my story on here i have a 15:".5cm fibroid and my only option is open surgery. look at it as positively as u can at least u will feel better u will get ur life back. im scared to but im just gonna make sure i have all my affairs in order before i go for surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.