7 weeks post op hysterectomy and posterior repair, stomach pain today.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I am 7 weeks hysterectomy and posterior repair today, I have just started to feel a bit better over the last few days, so clever clogs me thought I'd clean the bathroom while hubby at work, well I wish I'd never done it now, I've got stomach cramps and awful feeling in the vagina now. When can I start doing little things again without pains starting again? I'm feeling so fed up today now. Thought I was on the mend, after having two infections where the stitches were from the posterior repair, and a few water infections I was thinking I'm getting better, I sit worrying about everything, like has it all worked inside and will that awful feeling inside where the repair was done ever go away? It's like a tampon pushing against the vagina wall constantly. When I've checked it its all a hard bumpy mess. I've been told it's scar tissue and stuck with it. Starting to feel depressed about it now.has anyone else felt like that?😕😔😭 I would never ever have another operation done again.

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh dear...I think I've become a needy paranoid android since my abdo hysterectomy 4 weeks ago.......I'm sure I put a new post on every day about my latest pain!  I've never talked about my vagina so much to not only my family and friends but to all of you in cyber space too!!! I've just had a conversation with my 24 year old daughte who is on a train trying to describe the pain I have ...... I didn't have a repair or a vaginal hysterectomy, although I had mt cervix removed i have today and yesterday the exact same sort of pain....I'm really worried that I have a prolapse and don't know it!!!!!..... Do you think they did  something to our brains when they take our uterus away!!!! A read on a post that a soak in the bath with Dead Sea salts was good or an ice pack ( I discussed the ice pack with my husband and he thought it was funny to go    and get a bag of frozen peas!)..... He even told me this morning I'm beginning to sound like Eyore!!

so, the moral of the story is, we are all obsessed with our vaginas and clearly our rationale minds have deserted us!!!!

so now sit, take some painkillers and know that your not quite ready to be cleaning bathrooms just yet xxxx

• Posted

Thank you, I had a little giggle at that. Knowing I'm not the only one feeling like this does make me feel a bit more human.

Hope you start feeling a bit better soon too X

• Posted

Hi Val, saw your post, sorry to hear your feeling down. I don't know if the feeling I have down below is the same as I don't know if I've had stitches or not but since reading posts I think I may have, can't quite describe it but it's like an irritation but not as it's not there all the time. My entrance feels uncomfortable and almost sore but not all the time there's no dischage, but my pants get a little more moist than they used to! The good news is of the last few days the feeling has eased up a bit. I'm now mid way thru my 5th week post op but am not having my 6 week check up til I'm 71/2 weeks post op! So maybe I'll find out then.

im a great exponent of taking time to heal, I'm now cooking meals but I don't lift heavy pan or strain saucepans. I'll do a bit of dusting but I'm not going near the Hoover, I have used a light long handled brush and pan. Making coffees no problems. I now go shopping with company to do the heavy work, pushing trolleys, packing unpacking, I do some but only light stuff - crisps yogurts- I think twice about bags of spuds. If I do carry anything I carry it close to my chest as it reduces the weight ratio, but I still won't carry much especially not til I go to apt, when I'm asking, what next? I can go out for about 4 hours and am fine, apart from old aches and pains. I found wearing support nicks helpful initially tho ok now.

ive been reading some horror stories being posted, regarding recovery rates and other people's expectations of how we should recover and return to work. While indivdually we will all recover at our own rates there are basic medical guidelines and 6 weeks is minimum, but they talk in terms of 6 months before totally being back to normal weight lifting. I'm not allowed to return to work for12 weeks because of the nature of my job I'm a care support worker. There's a lot of scope between 6 weeks 12 weeks and 6 months. You will get there, maybe your body is telling you your going too quick for it, so steady up a bit, pick and choose what you do, listen to your body, don't let your brain over rule you by thinking I should be able to do this. If you want to clean don't do it all pick the easy bits, don't do too much bending, hand high so wash the sink leave the bath to someone else, or squirt something round and spray rinse off. Pick your battles, don't set your self up for a fall so you can feel good at an achievement.

Scar tissue takes a long time to settle down, again putting stress on newly healing areas probably acsesabate the feelings and it's always possible there could be an old stitch that's reluctant to dissolve irritating the area!

Dont loose heart, your having it rough now, but by the time you look back in 6 months time you'll probably feel so good ( my consultant nurse told me all her  totally recovered clients have told her they've never felt better) it will be a distant memory.

Buy yourself a treat, go get your hair or nail done, feel good about yourself, you've had major surgery and your on the road to recovery, you WILL get there. 

Take care xxx

• Posted

Thanks for taking the time to reply lesley, you sound like you are doing great, and only at 5 weeks too. I will do like you said and only do the sink next time, it's just so easy to think oh well it needs doing and no one is in at the time to do it so just get on with it. But I won't next time. At the end of the day it will still be there next week and I'm sure I can get my hubby to do it if needed lol. Just don't like asking him right now as he's back at work and does 12 hour shifts. Oh well

I work for the council as a pa with special needs children so lots of lifting on the buses for school, I've got 10 weeks off but will ask for a further 2 weeks when this one runs out. Dreading going back. I hope you continue to feel okay doing your jobs but please don't over do it. And as for those irritating feelings inside, maybe they will ease up soon. Really hope so X

• Posted

Hi Val, 

if you've got a lot of lifting. Are you talking about the children? Then I think you def need more time off in fact I'd check with your doctor as I'm sure your not to do really heavy work for up to 6 months and kids ain't light!! It might be suggested that the council find you lighter duties - don't laugh - I'm trying to be generous about employers! - possibly easing back into work - ha! I know, you'll be lucky! The world is changing, going backwards!

Take the time you get to let your body repair, the dust will still be there waiting for you. Maybe if you can't resist the allure of housework make a plan a small task sit rest cup of tea with feet up watch a prog then another small task sit down etc, yep you won't get much done but you'll be doing a bit gradually and that's the point. Also use lateral thinking how can I do this without exceeding my limitations while your thinking your resting!!! Lol

ive been reading about the swelly belly - personally I think the surgeon inpregnated me!! That or I've put more weight on! Damm! Can't be pregnant! Oh well I'm dieting again, I should apply to the Guinness book of records for the longest dieter, does most of your life qualify!

Anyway take it easy, 

lesley x

• Posted

Just seen your off to Yorshire have a good trip, a friend told me she'd been advised to put a cushion undDr the seat belt to protect your tum in case of a sharp stop and the seat belt going tight on you, I've use it a few times, don't know if it's any use to you.

Have a great time

lesley x

• Posted

Thanks I will take all you have said on board. I have spent my life too on every diet going lol so this will fun trying to get all this weight back off when I'm ready. I've also been invited to a birthday do next Saturday by my sis in law, I love dancing the night away . . . Well before the op anyway, so will be getting drunk sat in one place I reckon lol, I'll warn her before hand incase she's expecting the old me showing myself up lol. I'm lookin forward to a few quiet days away at Yorkshire next week tho, should be a nice relaxing break. Just so sick of looking at these 4 walls every day. I know we must all feel the same. It's nice to be able to associate everything on here and know we are not alone. It helps big time. I will take a cushion with me in the car.thanks for that. Would never have thought of it. Hope you too feel a bit better soon.take care X
  • Posted

Hi val

So sorry you are not great val. Iam 17 weeks val ans still not 100% only 75 I would say. When I was 7 weeks I was still on the sofa. Please take this as a warning ans rest. Your mind thinks it's ok but your body is not ready that what I kept saying to people. But no one would let me do nothing. Sp bed rest for you now. Let's hope you feel better in a few days and you have done no damage. I no its bloody hard I felt like giving up lots of times but it's a long road so hold in there and you will see the light . I've just seen the light lol but it's not bright yet. But I've just booked today an 80s weekend in May with my girlfriends so I must be feeling better. Iam still very sore and my back hurts but Iam riding on this bike Iam going to finish it And win this race you tc xx

• Posted

Thanks Sam.I just feel so bloody useless. I was always rushing around doing everything so this is so depressing realising you can't do all you did before. I know your right and will listen and rest more. My husband has booked 2 nights away next week at a quiet place in Yorkshire dales just to get away, we'd usually to leeds or Liverpool and go on a mad shopping spree and a good old pub crawl, but no fine well that's just not gonna happen at the min lol. So a quiet few days, bit of walking and nice bar meal will suit me fine. I already said if I get too tired will just go back to to the bed and breakfast and have a lay down and watch TV lol

How you feeling today? Bet you were glad today was your last day at work for the week. Hope you have a good weekend and get to relax a bit.do ya know I was talking to my mate earlier and said without the support of you and others on this site I would of cracked up and gone into a deep depression I think. Thanks for always being there, feel as if I know ya lol. Take care xx

• Posted

Morning val

How you feeling this morning?

How nice of your hubby to take you away he may do you good. Your doing well tp go away all I wonted to do was pj's on and stay on my sofa eating and eating lol. Me ans my hubby go malta alot for long weekends away to watch car racing the first one is this weekend which next one is in may 1st but I just don't feel I can book to away that far yet. So I've books to go butlins 80s with my girl friends. I love leeds ans Liverpool the shopping and bars are the best. Have that has your goal for when you are feeling better. I no it feels like we have been friends for years lol. It's a lovely site for us all to let out how we are feeling xx

• Posted

Hi Sam, I'm not too bad today thanks. Hope your okay too. I bet your 80's weekend will be brilliant, I love stuff like that. Hopefully by then you will be up dancing the night away. You'll have to get drunk and forget the pain lol, well until the next morning anyway ha ha. I'm sure it will be worth it.wow weekends in Malta sounds great.you'll ad going back there in no time.I'm looking forward to going back to Leeds and Liverpool too. This time next year we'll both be laughing about all this I hope. Have a great weekend Sam. Take care xx
    • Posted

Well val the first 5 weeks I thought what the hell have I done but as the weeks go by Iam thinking maybe I did the right thing. So I will let you no when that day comes lol.

Iam 16 weeks today i still count lol not sure why lol. Iam going out tonight for a meal and a catch up so that will be nice i still dint like to be out for long. Hope you are ok today and resting. Xx

• Posted

That's reassuring to hear that at 16 weeks you can look back and be pleased that you had it done.... I'm just over 4 weeks and I went out with my husband this morning as felt quite well.... Managed to walk around a shop for about 20 mins.....feel like it was a marathon.....keep trying to be positive but don't feel like I'm where I should be at this point......
    • Posted

Hi bridy

You are doing very well because by 4 weeks I was still on the sofa in my pj's doing nothing. Iam still not 100% I made the right choice but Iam about 75%. Iam looking forward to feeling my self again. It's my bloody tummy still looks big I feel pregnant by the day gos on lol. For the first 10 weeks I was feeling like you are now I was saying i should be feeling better by now but it takes time it's a big op that everyone kept saying. I must say for the whole 14 weeks I felt like giving up. I've gone on fluxteen to help my moods ans feeling low ans it's seems to be working. Hrt I tryed 2 lots ans didn't get on with them.hope this helps you feel better. Tc xx

• Posted

Thanks Sam , I kept my ovaries so I was hoping the mood swings might be delayed until I start the menapause, I'm 45, now..... Although I have found the last few days I've been very teary......I'm not a very patient patient!!!!.... So it's reassuring to know that I'm on the right track x
    • Posted

Hi bridy

Well I keep saying to myself I wish I had kept mine in. But Iam on double happy pills so things are looking up. Then I will cut them down ans try and do it my self. I was the same I would just cry for nothing and felt so down. But give it time you ate in early days yet xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.