7 weeks since TKR, still have pain in my shin.

Posted , 9 users are following.

It's been 6 weeks plus 6 days since my TKR. My knee it's self does not hurt, however my shin and femur is still quite painful, also I still can't walk with bending my knee, I'm seem to be mentally walking with it straight, which is also hurting my hip. I'm scared of my knee giving way if I walk with it bending. I can bend my knee to 92 degrees. I won't get any more bend as the surgeon said that would be my maxiam. I've not had physiotherapy for 2 weeks and don't have any until Friday the 8th July. I haven't seen my surgeon since I left hospital and don't have an appointment with him until 25th July. Please any advice would be great. You have helped me previously.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ya again everyone. Just an update on my progress. I had my 3rd physiotherapy session today. I am happy to say my bend is now 104 degrees and the surgeon told me my maximum would be 90. So I have achieved more. Yah!!!

However my walking is very slow in progressing. The physio told me it will take several months. I walked with such a severe limp for 18 years that muscles in hips and my new joint are extremely week. I am putting in 100% effect but only getting very little back. And now emotionally struggling. My new knee is giving way on occasions due to the lack of muscles around the knee. The shin pain is where the new implant is and nothing to worry about. I will have to stay strong and do my exercises all the time. I have no physio sessions for another 3 weeks. So left to do it all on my own again. Thank you again everyone

I wish all of you a fast recovery with your surgery.

• Posted

Glad to hear from you  and you got a good bend. Keep going with your exercises and we will all get there. My wis very slow returing too but have been told it takes times.

​Thinking about you, take care sue xx

• Posted

that should  say my walking was very slow returning  laptop is playing up!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.