7th day codeine withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all. I am just looking for some support at the moment as going through this alone at the moment. Have abused codeine based pills over last 2 years taking up to 40 pills of panafen plus or nurofen plus (not cold water extraction) any Australia laws have changed and now require prescription for these pills. I took my last 5 pills on Monday 29th January 2018. The last 7 days have been a roller coaster but I can't see the end in site. I am feeling a lot better physically today since the last 6 days and finally had a decent sleep last night. I have been chewing 5 melatonin tabs each night and limit lights TV phone etc hr before bed. I work full time 60+hrs a week but could not work on my 2nd to 4th day. Any one else in my position or further along the withdrawal path.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Today actually feels worse than yesterday my stomach is so upset. I've slept on n off all day but I woke up feeling like I have a cold. I'm unsure 8f that's part of the withdrawal. I feel hot and sweaty blocked nose and really lethargic. Still feel really wrestless. Everything just feels flat and boring. I think at this point I would of just gone to the chemist so I am thankful I can't and ruin all my hard work. I just can't wait to feel more human. Hopefully soon. Thank you for your replies nice to know I'm not alone. How are you both doing today?

• Posted

I scoured 100s of withdrawal posts and number 1 symptom was flu like so definitely a part of the withdrawal. As nic said keep your water/fluids up and if you aren't on any kind of vitamins I recommend looking into either a multi vitamin with high does of B vitamins. I currently take a high does b and strong magnesium vitamin. If you can try to do light exercise to help improve your mood. Anything from a short walk or even stretching/yoga. I found relief in putting in my ear phones and cranking some music and go for a walk around the block. Nights I struggled sleeping I would have hot baths and took melatonin to help promote sleep. You're definitely not alone and I am more than happy to share what's helped me. Just try to remember that we have been on opiates for a long time and can't expect the damage to be reversed instantly. Each day is a challenge but definitely gets easier. I personally wouldn't have been able to post anything day 4 or 5. Try to keep active as the more you sit around the more your mind magnify's what your feeling. Day 5 is awesome. Keep it up!

• Posted

You mentioned you're in Australia? If you ever need to chat flick me a text 0412992519

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.