8-10 cans per night for 5 years what can i do

Posted , 13 users are following.

Ok i have been drinking lager any lager i can get my hands on or cider for 5 years now at least 4 times a week but now its everyday, i drink anything from 4 cans onwards to 24 cans a night, say if i buy 24 cans il have to drink them the same night unless i fall to sleep before there gone, theres no stopping me once i get 1 can down me which is scaring me now i dont know what to do, i dont get hangovers no more, i wake up in a morning feeling normal and fit for a day or 2 after a good drink but then all my mind can think about is a can, my first few cans or gone within 15-20 min, i went to my docs in oct 2015 and told him the situation and he just said stop drinking to me which is easier said than done, i cant sleep at night if i dont have a drink and i start sweating in bed even when i have only my shorts on. im getting worried now as i dont want to die from drink im only 25 and started getting pains in top of my legs and in my back, i feel sick all the time and cant eat properly as anyone got any advice please. thank you.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The sweating is a type of hangover...withdrawal symptom.

my opinion is that you should start cutting down...so instead of buying 24 cans when you go...only buy a 12 pack and a 6 pack for the first week....then just a 12 pack....

Then rethink your situation.

You can not stop...it is not a reasonable thought at this time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.