8 days after TKR...I'm having these intense like bee stings come all of a sudden

Posted , 10 users are following.

These are sharp sudden pains around my knee cap a and about send me thru the roof when they hit, are they nerves coming back or what is going on.

.geeeeeezz they hurt and I have a pretty pain tolerance.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte 

It sounds like nerve pain you are getting. this takes a while to calm down after major surgery. Keep up with your meds or ask the doctor for something stronger. keep icing the knee this will help 

what meds are you taking ?

• Posted

The nerves around the site of your replacement were cut.  Now they need to sort themselves and start knitting.  This will cause absolute havoc..if you can bear the discomfort keep massaging the area gently. If they flare up when anything touches the skin, wear a loose tubigrip.  The trick is to protect the skin against things kike clothing. Try rubbing creams or gels into the area
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte

How did you end up having your op? You do get some nerve damage after TKR.

I hope you manage to see your doctor and get something stronger

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.