8 days post op

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

Had TAH with ovaries removed and now my head feels clustered, having

headaches daily, is this a side effect of menopause or just my body getting over the op? Having a few hot moments but nothing too major, I m also

struggling to sleep at night and only having 1-2 hours in an afternoon.

Anybody else struggled with similar problems?

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There is research that shows that keeping your ovaries has a protective effect even after menopause, and post-menopausal women on hrt who have had their ovaries removed have higher rates of cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and cognitive decline than post-menopausal women who have kept their ovaries.My father and grandfather died of heart disease. My grandmother died from a broken spine due to osteoporosis, and my mother is now crippled by it. Because of my family history, removing my ovaries is more risky than keeping them. Every situation should be judged on an individual basis.
    • Posted

The age thing is a bit ridiculous. When I was 39 I was on a combined birth control pill, and when I turned 40, I was automatically placed on a progestin-only pill, even though there was no change in me physically and I was still a healthy weight, low blood pressure etc. Better to treat people as individuals and not assume that everyone of the same age requires the same medical care
    • Posted

I agree everyone is different but he medical profession have to have some guidelines to go on and what better than age. I was told I couldn't have hrt after the age of 55. It doesn't matter how well I am.  Lot of this will also be down to costings. I don't blame the nhs for this. If hrt works for me then I will talk to my doc about this at he time.  

Lee x

• Posted

I had the same . After about 3 weeks started getting headaches almost daily for about three weeks. Think they were hormonal and have settled now on hrt. I have not slept properly since surgery 2 months ago. Just keep hoping thinks will settle. Can't switch off at night so why am on here now at 2 am! Hope things settle. Takes a long time though. 
    • Posted

Hi. My sleep is disturbed too. Lots of dreams and unsettled ones at that. Hopefully things will settle. 

What kind of hrt are you using may I ask?

lee x

• Posted

I'm not on any at the moment. My Gyn said we would discuss that after she sees the pathology report. My surgery was on the 6th and I see her on the 16th on Thursday.I did sleep a little bit better last night. So we will see. I feel great other than that. I had a couple rough days getting my bowels straightened out but am now fine in that respect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.