8 weeks post op - having pain with weight bearing

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi all,  

I am having sharp pain (level of about 6) in the front of my hip (hip crease) when bearing weight.  I will rest for a couple of days, litterally doing very little and it stops hurting.  But the if I walk about a  a mile, the pain come back.  It is odd because it is not always there.  The am not sure if I should contact my surgeon or not as I had my 6 week post op and he said things looks great.  Wondering if it muscular of the implant.  Anyone else go through this with their THR?

Currently I am only taking Tylenol or Advil, but was given a muscle relaxant that I am considering taking.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all,

thanks for the replies. it has been up and down since my last post. last weekend I felt much better... walked quite a bit on both Saturday and Sunday. The early week went well too, but then I did a hill walk, and have had the same pain weight bearing as before (upper part of the front middle thigh near the hip crease). has been a rough couple of days. It seems turning and twisting (pivoting), or doing stairs aggreivates it. My restrictions were removed at week 6, but I am wondering if I should still avoid pivoting on my op leg. So a question for everyone, when did pivoting not hurt, and when did you start turning and twisting the op leg like your non op leg?

Cheers!

• Posted

HI , I avoided twisting and pivoting for months., just habit I suppose. I think take it easy, complete recovery can take up to a year or more. I used to be doing really well, and then something would aggravate my hip which worried me. A bit of rest usually sorted it.

All the best, Judith

• Posted

I am 11 weeks post op and have made a very quick and easy recovery. However, I still don't twist and make any extreme movement on my operated side. Just seems common sense to me to take things gently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.