8 WEEKS... WHERE ARE U AT? BODY/THOUGHTS/WORK

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have hit 8 weeks today, from a  TAH.  Would love to hear from others at this point... "How is your body recovering", "How are you dealing with it", and if you are "Back at work", if so... how is that?

2 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I am now is 12 weeks since my op. Still experiencing some discomfort in my stomach. It still feels very bruised. Was sick during Christmas and New Year with a mystery virus,  had blood tests which prooved I had a viral infection so not treatable with antibiotics and I wonder if this is an infection in my stomach, I was unable to keep food down for four days. 
    • Posted

Hi Deb...

WOW... that's like 3 months later sad

Did you have the abdominal cut, or that low bikini cut, or vag???

So sorry to hear about your holidays sad  The dr's couldn't pin point that virus?? Stomach or other!??!  If you were unable to keep food down, I'm wondering if if was in the stomach????

I had a co-worker, same thing... she had a full hyst, I visited her in hospital;, she went home.. 2 days later back in, INFECTION...

Well.... I hope you are recovering better now... gosh, bad enough with a Major operation... don't need that other stuff!

Thanks for replying!

Feel better soon smile

• Posted

I had a tumour so full hysterectomy, long cut which healed beautifully, only internal stitches and tape. Vitamin E cream assisted with the healing.  Still feel like I have been kicked in the stomach and get weird pains! I think women should not return to work until around 10 weeks, I went back at 6 & half and found it very hard, still get very tired by early afternoon and not back to full physical strength. 
    • Posted

I agree!  I think I should have had more than 7 weeks... I am getting "side pains".. so I get up and walk, but I got so tired I stopped and sat on a bench at school.

Even though I am at a desk (I get up now and then to do things) I am POOPED by 12-1.

I can't wait to get home... but then I have to take care of dad.. and Deb... I thought he was going to die today  sad   getting VERY VERY weak.. he is 91, dying of cancer... I know its coming.. I am trying to do all I can for him... you never feel like its enough sad

I pray to god for strength... I have to have strength to help him.

Hope he does better tomorrow ...

• Posted

Mintdream, sending you BIG hugs and will pray for you both. I've lost both parents, a brother, a nephew and a father in law to the dreaded C, I honestly feel for you. Try to stay positive and when 'the day' comes as hard as it will be, try to look at it a a release for him from his pain and suffering xxxx
    • Posted

Lucky.. so sorry to hear of your loss sad   The BIG C... why.. why can't they find that darn cure?!?!?!?!  All the monies raised.. STILL .. NOTHING... we have fundraisers and events ALL THE TIME for Cancer.. I hope the money does go to them...  Was your nephew young??  I feel for a young child.. just so sad..

Thank you for the warm words... I am worn.. the timing with my Hyst, and now back at work... I am doing it...but have dark circles I cover every day... have to...

Guess a lot of people have been in my/your shoes...

Thanks again!  smile

• Posted

All my losses have been in the past, the latest being my dad and also my Father in Law, both identical cancers and both in 2009, I am carrying on with life, you have to, life goes on. My nephew was 4 when he died but that was a long time ago, I was a child myself, he would be well into his 30's now sad

Life sometimes throws at us some hard tests but the good lord would not test us if he thought we were not strong enough to cope, you must be a strong woman xx

• Posted

sadsadsad  Oh lucky... I don't know what words to say....

I agree... god gives us as much as we can take... we have to be strong, yes... but I do cry some.. and I say prayers, talk to god... and also my mother died 24 yrs ago, cancer (of course).. and my sister died 7yrs ago, at 54.  Just died peacefully in her sleep.. she didn't wake up for school ((30 yrs spanish teacher)... so I know that feeling... "loss"..

Its just different being with my dad day in and day out (except this past week with work)... I am doing the skype thing, and my husband goes home at noon to check, and I rush home after work...

Its working right now, but I know I will have to stay home with him come time.

Life is a test for all of us... lots of UPS and DOWNS... and even our health... we have to be STRONG, no matter what to make it in life... I see that more and more.

It's nice to know I am not alone, in many ways...

Thank you... again, so sorry for your loss too.

• Posted

Sorry for your losses too sweet xx It is going to be hard when his time comes especially as you have him living with you but it sounds as if you have the support of a wonderful husband who will help you though. Your dad has (as we say in the UK) had a good innings (it's a referral to a game of cricket and means he's had a long life) I know this does not make things any easier but try to remember all the great things he has acheived in his life and all the fun you have had, there are years of memories that will never die xxx
    • Posted

My most painful loss of course was that of my mother, that was just over 19yrs ago now, she was 64 and I was 23. It happened just six weeks before I got married, she had her outfit hanging on the outside of her wardrobe as she was so looking forward to wearing it. I had also ordered her corsage and her gift from me and my husband, the corsage I took up to the cemetary after I came home from my honeymoon (I had the florist make hers in artificial flowers so it would last) and the brooch I bought as her gift is still sat in my jewelery box, never worn sad x
    • Posted

Good  innings... I do like that saying!  thank you... guess  if we could come into the world and sign off on a "91" yr plan, we would... I know that is amazing... makes it harder to let go somettimes too... I am the baby, I had the least time with him.. he was 40 when he had me.

I already started thinking of the good memories.... he is slipping, has REALLY bad days, then a good day...

Thanks for you kind words... that was so nice!

• Posted

Ohhhhhhhhhh...I just got chills reading that sad  wow... I would have done the SAME thing!  Keep that brooch, that is a nice remembrance. 

My mom also died, 24 yrs ago, age 62.. and I was 24... I too was engaged, she missed my wedding.

The day of the wedding I held my parents wedding photo in my hands and the photographer took the photo.  Its nice, I'm in my dress, and I have her in my arms...  So glad I did that.

Thats nice you had a silk corsage made... REALLY NICE...

But you know... both of them were with us that day.. they were!

• Posted

Goodness, the more we talk the more and more I realise we have so much in common! You loosing your mum before your wedding at a similar age too and also I am the baby in my family (of 7 children) my mum was 41 when she had me and my dad was 45 x
    • Posted

I'm off to bed now. at work in the morening and have a early start, so goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, if they do, get a shoe and crack their little heads in two! wink xx
    • Posted

You realize... if I lived there, we would SO MEET!  But it is so nice to chat with you here, and know that we do care!

I'm so glad we got to meet!

• Posted

I just read that cute saying to my father... HE LOVED IT!  He keeps saying "I like that"...

Nite lucky... I have work too...let's hope we have a good day!  smile

• Posted

Aww yes it's a pity we are not closer as I think we would get along just great smile x

Aww bless him, I've got another little bedtime poem I'll share for him later smile xx

• Posted

I live in the STate of Connecticut, it's located int he Northeastern United States in a region called New England!

We have freezing rain today.. NO SCHOOL...so I am home with dad... I am VERY HAPPY about that!

Thank god for SNOW DAYS biggrin

• Posted

Oooh I used to love snow days when I worked in school - enjoy your day off smile I'd heard of Connecticut but didn't know where it was, I bet I flew over you when we went to Florida in 2012, If I'd known you then, I would have waved! LOL x
    • Posted

I hope you've had a good day, it's time for me to rest my weary head so I'll say goodnight...

I climbed the door and closed the stairs

I said my shoes and took off my prayers

I turned off my bed and climbed into the light

all because he kissed me goodnight smile xxx

• Posted

OH HOW CUTE!  I JUST READ THIS TO DAD... HE LOVVVVVVVVVES IT! SEND MORE PLEASE!

YOU ARE MAKING A 91 YR OLD MAN W/ CANCER SMILE SO BIG smile AND LAUGHING! lol

• Posted

Oh bless him, I'm so glad to e able to make him smile, they are the only two bedtime rhymes I know, but I will have a think of some others. It'll probabally be tomorrow now though as have just come home from a nice meal out with hubby, and now it's nearly time for bed (pity it's ladies week wink ) xx
    • Posted

Ok I admit to googling but found this and liked it...

Tiny stars shining bright, it's time for me to say goodnight.

So close your eyes and snuggle up tight,

I'm wishing you sweet dreams tonight smile

• Posted

Yes... gotta find some more cute ones for him smile

Sounds like you had a nice nite out!!!!

And I "think" I understand that one, lol..rolleyes

We say "our friend", "the curse", "it's that time".. and I hate what guys say here, "you've got the rag on".. ICK.. hate that!

Well.. cuddle cuddle, snuggle snuggle... all I can do myself right now.. not sure WHEN I am clear.. 8 weeks now, no... 9 today! WOW.. still get some side pains on and off, and sleeping pains on side...

• Posted

awwwwwwwwwwwwwe... he just said, "THAT'S A NICE ONE".. "SHE SENDS ANY MORE, LET ME KNOW"

Thank you so much!  Amazing how something so small, can bring so much joy!  smile

• Posted

Yes you got my meaning, the term 'on the rag' is used here too but I think most ladies hate that, we also say the time of the month so thats similar but I prefer 'ladies week' it just makes it sound a bit better, still with any luck it'll be my last one EVER!!! smile

I'm sure you will know when it's time for you to 'duvet dance' just take your time, you have lots going on in your life atm and it all adds to the stresses xx

• Posted

Just wrote this little ditto especially for you and your dad, not one of my best but I've not written anything for quite a few years so am a bit rusty xx

It's my pleasure to share some smiles

no difference across the miles.

If a brighter day can be had by all

It really is no trouble at all.

• Posted

Ok I've dusted off a few unused brain cells, though they are still a bit clogged, I had a re-write....

It really is a pleasure,

to share a smile or two.

especially when it's being sent,

to someone as sweet as you.

Life can be tough and test us all,

and you have your share of woe.

Something so small that helps you through,

it's really nice to know xx

• Posted

Oh.. I love that "ladies week".. and it's too late for me  now... NO MORE BABY!  i can throw out the supplies!!!! I guess in that way, I am happy.. just all the healing .. can't enjoy it yet sad

I know... I know i have to wait it out.... it's hard...but I will!  And stress... I am totoally having that at times... but I get strength from my sister & mother above smile

• Posted

WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

You're a poet, and you didn't know it!  smile

That is amazing!!!!  DAd LOVED it!

He said... is that our friend across the land... I said YEP!

He said.. "thats nice of her" ..   smile

• Posted

That is excellent!!!  I totally am impressed!!!!

You definately have a knack for writing!!!!!  I always enjoyed writing...

I will share a poem to you also... I wrote it for my sister, on her birthday in heaven... I have it at work, I will copy it and share with you.. I put it in the local paper on her birthday.

Thanks again!!!!  smile

Oh... my dad wants to know exactly where you live???

• Posted

I'll look forward to reading your sisters poem x

I'm in what we call the Midlands (the middle of England LOL) I'm not too far from Birmingham, but please don't believe that silly man on fox news that said everyone in Birmingham is a muslim and radical etc, it is so not true! Yes there are parts where there are troubles,but they are small areas and I'm glad to say they are quite some miles away from where I live x

• Posted

Hi Mary, did you find your peop that you wrote for your sister?

I hope I have not offended you with my reply above, it's not normally something I would get into, I'm a live and let live kind of person, it's just it's hot topic atm and that news report upset many of us 'Brummies' xx

• Posted

I was really looking forward to reading that poem xx
    • Posted

Nooooooooooooooooo... no worries at all  smile

Yes...I did find my poem, its hanging up by my desk at work, and I left it there sad

I will get Tuesday... I am off Monday... we are celebrating Martin Luther KIng Day smile

OH... I do have a "birthday" poem I wrote for her, I had published in our local paper that day:

WHAT A SPECIAL GIFT FOR YOU THIS YEAR,

EVEN THOUGH THE THOUGHT BRINGS A TEAR.

GOD CHOSE YOU TO JOIN HIM ABOV,.

A PLACE FILLED WITH BEAUTY, GRACE, AND LOVE.

That was for her first birthday in heaven smile

I will send the other one next week!

• Posted

Such a lovely verse, totally from the heart xx

So glad I've not offended you. I was so concerned xx smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.