8 WEEKS... WHERE ARE U AT? BODY/THOUGHTS/WORK

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have hit 8 weeks today, from a  TAH.  Would love to hear from others at this point... "How is your body recovering", "How are you dealing with it", and if you are "Back at work", if so... how is that?

2 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Me again. I forgot to say that my tummy is the weirdest shape as well. I have what looks like a shelf above the scar so hope that goes back to normal at some point. At least the weather here is cold and sunny so will be going out for a walk later. 

Regards from Devon England

• Posted

OH Teresa... gotta tell ya... I'm so GLAD I am NOT the only one with a wierd belly shape sad

Yes... I have that "shelf" too sad

Ok... so now we wait it out..... my dr. told me a good 6 months for the swelling to go down.

Thanks for sharing.... see, you aren't alone  smile

• Posted

Hi Teresa

i too have a strange shape, I always did have a big tummy but I definitely know what you are referring to as 'a shelf'.  

Dont go back to work until you feel you are totally fit, I am 13 weeks from my TAH and thought I was ok at the weekend to wash walls down in the en suite, but nope I have been in pain since. Apparently shouldn't be stretching!! Take care.

Debbie from Melbourne

• Posted

It's so good to know I'm not the only one with a weird shaped tummy! Like I said before I wish I had found this forum just after my op as I don't think I would have worried so much. Like they say a problem shared is a problem halved! Best wishes to all of you from Teresa in cold and frosty England!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

LOL...Teresa... I've shared with a friend my tummy looks like a "butt" in the front!  I have that odd swollen (larger on the left, in more on the right)and let's throw in a thick scar line from around the belly button and all the way down!  Unbelievable!

You know.. I was REALLY sad when I first got to see it better (had to lift tthe overhang, lol.... someone at work told me "you need to embrace your scars"... that stayed with me... so I think about it when I am doing the Viamin E oil at night... I follow the line, and think about what I went through... it's part of me now..

So... keep that cold & frosty stuff YOUR way.. ahhahah..

IT's cold enough here!  Was 10 degrees the other day.. brrrrrrrrrrrr...

Gotta love Ct in the USA..

And Teresa... you are officially a true "Hyster-Sister"  now smile

God bless!

Mary smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.