9 month update

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hallo guys and gals - just a quick update on 9 months post TKR. Pain gone, some stiffness some days. Can walk several miles, ride a bike and do some limited kneeling. Thought folks might also find it useful to know that it seems perfectly ok to "sunbathe" your knee - i had a great holiday in France this July in temperatures of 28 to 36 degrees and my knee was fine - didn't overheat or anything out of the norm. Flexiseq is keeping my other arthritic knee relatively pain free because i definitely do not want another op. I feel for all of you going through those few early post op months. It can be grim but it certainly gets better and i'd probably have my 2nd knee done if i could, say, be in an induced coma or such like, for those first few weeks!!!

Good luck all

Tess x

4 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Glad you are feeling it has all been worthwhile.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Ok all well an good but I'm going to have Bilateral knees done one surgery one hospital one pain one rehab and then I want to fly for Christmas to NY Long Island with my family hopefully he'll let me fly. I hope I good enough. Hopefully he will schedule for 10/26/2015 sooner the better 
  • Posted

What do you mean you can kneel?   I was told point blank never to do this.   I am three months post op and I am finally beginning to sleep well. Go to the hot pool regularly to do my Physio - on my own . Walking up and down the three flights of stairs in my house in a normal way, but am still unable to do full circle on the recumbent bike.   This is my challenge.   Curious about your comment of not sunbathing the knee. I am going south from December to end of May .   I did this with my hip replacement las January. Three months post op . 
    • Posted

I agree that it is unwise to kneel.

Best to be cautious.

Gluten can cause arthritis.

Jean

• Posted

It depends what you mean by kneeling

I had TKR 3 years ago.

I can kneel on all fours (hands and knees)

I was told that what I will never be able to do agian is to kneel back on my haunches .(My bottom touching my heels)

Sarah

• Posted

That's good news Sarah I'd love to be able to do that.

How's your recovery been???

• Posted

Yes I have been able to kneel on all fours for quite a long time now. NOT RIGHT BACK ON MY HAUNCHES THOUGH. Had TKR 3 years ago.

It was a long hard road to recovery but well worth it in the end. It is like having my life back.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.