9 months of dealing with the DWP.

Posted , 5 users are following.

?I've had a severe anxiety disorder since 2010 but was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia in december 2015 which hit me all of a sudden & without warning. So I applied for esa support group and pip and finally after dealing with the DWP for 9 months i have been sucsessfull in my claims. i did get esa support group and standard living & mobility for pip.

?It has been a very long and stressful 9 months and although it wasn't straight forward with mandatory recons and such, getting there in the end has made it all worth while.

I just hope i get left alone now for at least a year when it will start all over again with new assessments.

If anyone else is going through the same process hang in there and keep fighting.

?xx

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

love this site it gives everyone hope and takes worry off alot of peoples minds,
    • Posted

it really does,Everyone is in the same boat and just having someone who knows what you're Going through really does take away some of the pressure.

?XX

• Posted

I second that gill.  I've just spent a very sleepless night thinking about my upcoming assessment and no-one really understands unless they have experienced it, which of course people on here have done. 

• Posted

I came to the same conclusion when thinking about whether I wanted to accept the offer to transfer to PIP from DLA. 

With everything i read and my own previous experience and history with DWP and assessors I concluded that things couldn't get any sworse if I told the assessor that at 68 I still play first class rugby for my town, walk 20 miles a day with my 7 dogs and teach at a university!  They seem to write what they want bar the truth in any event. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.