9 weeks on Sertraline

Posted , 7 users are following.

How did you feel when Sertraline started to work on your depression? I am 3 weeks on 100 (previously on 50 for 6 weeks, 9 weeks on total). I am still waiting for Sert to kick in...my anxiety is slowly improving but I still have no interest in things, no enjoyment, no emotions 😦 Should I already feel better or is this normal a normal process....?

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi ala, im 9 weeks in aswell but im not taking it for depression. it started to help my mood and symptoms at 6 weeks but the improvement wasnt and still isnt constant.

id have a good day and more bad days and then a good week and a terrible week.

im at 9 weeks and still not there yet, i read somewhere that for some it can take upto 12 weeks to work

• Posted

yes, just got back from the docs yesterday and told me to up my dose to 150. ill wait a week before i do that

• Posted

On Sertraline I got head rushes that turned into warm feelings in my brain which i assume was seretonin flooding the brain. That went on for a few weeks where i had periods of warm fuzzy feeling and also feeling a tad numb too. The chemicals then appeared to balance and my negative thought patterns went away and i got a lightbulb moment like someone had switched the "normal" light on in my brain and i felt back to normal. When the head rushes and warm fuzzy feeling starts, i know from previous experiences that this is normally a sign that i am on the road to recovery. Best of luck in your recovery.

• Posted

This sounds amazing! What dose are you on? I m hoping for more improvements in week 10....

• Posted

My daughter has been on a similar road...started at 25, then 50, then 100 and now 150. She is at about 12 weeks total and is feeling much better but it's still kind of up and down, and she still struggles with motivation. Her dose increase from 100 to 150 was 3 weeks ago. It is my understanding that it can take a full 3 months OR MORE to really be "healed." AND this is also complicated by dosage increases, because each increase sets you back a little while your body is adjusting to that new dosage. It takes a while to level out - meaning that no matter how many weeks TOTAL you've been on the sert, it can take another 4-6 weeks from your last dosage increase to feel the full effects. This is SUCH a slow-acting drug - this is based on a lot of research, I'm certainly not a doctor, and I think every person reacts differently and has a different timetable. But from all the forums I've read with peoples' individual stories, everyone seems to say it can really take a while but that you will eventually get there and feel like yourself again. Hope that helps.

• Posted

Thank you Sandi, your daughter is so lucky to have such a caring mum! It's nice to hear your daughter is much better. I have to plod on and hope things improve soon! x

• Posted

Hi Sandi, I have seen my doc today and was told to stay on 100 for another month... I am not very happy about it because I don't feel like 100 is enough for me... Can your daughter feel the difference on 150? Is it helping better than 100?x

• Posted

i was on 200mg

• Posted

Did you up your doses quickly? I give 100 two more weeks and if no big improvements I will ask to go up... x

• Posted

i moved from from 50 to 100 after 4 weeks. Moved to 150 after 4 months and up to 200 after about 8 months. Was on 200 for 16 happy years before pooping out in Sep'18

• Posted

Did Sert work for you on 100 ? Are you on a different antidepressant now?

• Posted

Yes but had to increase dose to maintain improvements. I'm on an augmentation strategy now and starting to feel better. 200mg Sertraline and 30mg Mirtazapine

• Posted

Feeling worse again 😦 Willing myself to get better. 3 weeks into 30mg MIRT so hoping i will improve again soon

• Posted

Yes Lynn. Very bad generalised anxiety with no rhyme, reason, pattern or trigger. Have tried counselling, CBT etc, Sertraline worked like a dream and then pooped out. Started to feel better on 30mg Mirtazipane and now gone backwards...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.