9 weeks on Sertraline

Posted , 7 users are following.

How did you feel when Sertraline started to work on your depression? I am 3 weeks on 100 (previously on 50 for 6 weeks, 9 weeks on total). I am still waiting for Sert to kick in...my anxiety is slowly improving but I still have no interest in things, no enjoyment, no emotions 😦 Should I already feel better or is this normal a normal process....?

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm starting my week 3 on 100 after 17 days on 50 .

i have still anixety through the day and that when i get instrusive thoughts about my feelings , like am i feeling normal ? when will i feel normal ? am i stuck ? also low mood still not lifted .

i used to love knitting alot but now i dont feel like doing it . i hope this med kicks in .

i used to be on 100 for the bast 2 yrs stopped only for 2 months but i have alot of stress to deal with so i guess it was a bad choice to wean off .

• Posted

Yes, such a shame you have to start again! Hopefully you feel better soon x

• Posted

also i forgot to me say that i used to like horror movies but now i can't watch it or even hear bad news i get anxious and scared that something similar going to happen to me .

• Posted

are you better ali

• Posted

If you told me i had to ride it out for 4 more weeks but then i would be better i would take that. It's the agony of not knowing when you'll get better. I find that when i get better eventually i find it hard to empathise just how badly i felt at the time. Before you know, you take it for granted that you skip around, whistling......want my life back so much!!!!!

• Posted

i am on week 8 of pristiq and take 15 mgs of mirtazapine at night, sertraline worked for me at 50mgs for 23 years than pooped out.

• Posted

5 weeks into Mirtazipane in total and 3 weeks on 30mg and the anxiety/depression not lifted after initially feeling better. Wondering how long to wait until trying 45mg?

• Posted

Hi Lynne - sertraline worked so well for me for 11 years then i slowly tapered off and was ok until zero and then the withdrawal panic attacks started again and put me back into 24/7 anxiety hell. they have put me back on it but 6 weeks in it isnt helping at all and i just wondered how you came off it after 23 years? the internet is full of all these awful withdrawal stories lasting a long time and i am petrified to come off it again. was it ok for you??

• Posted

they just substituted it with another antidepressant.

• Posted

so you didnt experience withdrawals from coming off the sertraline when they switched? I hope the paxil works well for you.

i dont know if sertraline will work for me again now after being off it for a few weeks.

• Posted

it might. in my case it stopped working (break through anxiety) when i was on 50mgs. They tried to raise it and my anxiety got worse. You volenteerily went off.

• Posted

no side effects going off.

• Posted

well thats encouraging thanks. I almost feel like they are making my panic and anxiety worse as the weeks go by. 6 weeks in now and praying for a miracle. I hope you are all doing ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.