9 weeks TKR and not doing well with bending knee

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am so discouraged following total knee replacement  surgery.  I was doing well with my rehab until last week. My pain increased and I lost degrees with my bend. I had measured at 110 but for the past two weeks I can’t get beyond 90 degrees.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there. I had problems up 9 weeks too.  I was really depressed and discouraged. Just keep icing and doing your stretches and it will come.   Im 3 months now and doing really well. 
    • Posted

Hi. 

I was similar to yourself but if you keep on with your exercises it does improve. I now regularly attend spin classes and HIIT and my knee is great. 

Swimming helped me tremendously to begin with. It takes time but you will get there, 9 weeks is early days.  X

• Posted

I didn't have TKR. I broke my knee cap in half. I do NOT recommend this so avoid the Mafia. I had an awesome Physical therapy team who taught me exercises to do at home. I never failed to stay on track and they said I made waaay better progress than a 20 year old who had done a similarly clever thing 4 days ahead of me. He was still unable to even get to 90. When I was released from PT. He didn't exercise. He played video games all day. So, just hang in there, do the exercises and ice ( I am STILL icing, 9 months later), and just don't quit. And maybe don't play video gameswink 

• Posted

I also reached this point.  Wished I’d never had it done , in so much pain and low for the first time in my life. Persevere and it will come together in a few weeks though it doesn’t feel like it at the moment.

I’m 7 months post op and on holiday walking up to 6 miles a day sometimes.

Keep strong   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.