A Better Day My Friends :)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Today was a complete 180 for me. I'm so thankful. I decided to hold off on taking my klonopin closer to bed time. I still woke up anxious but not as bad. I also held off taking the Klonopin until later in the morning instead of first thing.

?I was able to handle the meeting morning better than I did yesterday and my session with my talk therapist was good too. We did this 13 minute relaxation audio thing that she made for relaxing. She sent it to me so that I can do it at home.

?The day was pretty good. My appointment with my nurse practitioner is 2 weeks away - I thought just one. I was bummed when I looked at my calendar but it is what it is.

?I just wanted to share a good day with you all in contrast to my not so good day yesterday.

?I'm at home now, just relaxing. My talk therapists suggests these exercises that help change the way your brain views things. She says even when its hard, the littlest attempts you are successful, helps. I see her again next Friday.

?Even though yesterday was tough, I'm going to relish in my day today. I appreciate all your kind words and encouragement. You all are amazing. I'm truly blessed.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A useful good day you had
    • Posted

Yes. I want to make it two in a row. Hope you are well!!
  • Posted

So glad for you. Hope it continues. Just wondering what dosage do you take?

I have been taking .25 mg twice a day @ 9 am and 9 pm.

Do you have any side affects?

I have been on it since the first of June.

• Posted

take the same. Originally they told me 9am and 9pm but because I was stressing about anxiety, I took it sooner. Now I know why they said 9 and 9. I'm a dork.

?I haven't notice any. I've been on it since about June.

• Posted

Oh Tip, I am thrilled for you. Thank you so much for keeping us up on everything. I think you know you have a huge cheering section here...me included.

Your post helped me today as it is not one of my better days. You made me smile.biggrin

• Posted

AWSOME what you and her has done. This is a very positive move on her part, those exercises are key and I hope you would do yoga to in the Moring and bedtime this has really helped me with my stress which equals fear. When you go to sleep listen to binaural beats relaxing music or zen music for relaxing which can be found by using YouTube. Keep up the moment!!! when your mind wants to change to negative say no and think positive thoughts
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I so appreciate all the support. Yes, stay positive and keep on moving.

​Thank you dear friend. I hope all is well with you.

• Posted

yes I have a cd of the binaural beats and they are a great help 

• Posted

Great progress tip! I enjoyed reading this post. You are doing everything right now and be sure to listen to the advice your therapist gives you and use the exercises and meditation audios daily. They will get into your brain nicely over time. Love posts like this.
  • Posted

hi i take it to how many mg do u take night and day i take 1mg night and day but i half it cos it makes me feel tired or a bit sleepy what about u ?
    • Posted

u mean 1 quarter of a 1 mg tablet? am i right?
    • Posted

I'm at .25mg right now. I wish I was at 1 mg. I'm hoping to call on Monday to see if I see my doctor sooner or she can assist while I wait for the appointment. I don't think I can make another 2 weeks.

• Posted

If I call my  doctor early enough in the day with a request, he usually will send an answer through a nurseby the end of the day. So, do call with your request about a med change. Be open if they want to go to .5mg  before jumping right up to 1mg. It might be wiser.
  • Posted

Glad to hear it Tip we get very little good days we don't expect them when they come but I have been having CBT and she certainly helps me I dont know if you have something similar she teaches you how to retrain your brain and its certainly helping me

• Posted

its so lovely to hear of a positive post it has brightened up my day im sure it will for others too 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.