A bit depressed this weekend

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well at the moment I'm having a blues day feeling a bit low I'm sick of the feeling I get with bisropolol ie heavy dragging legs same in my arms and sometime tingly hot hands. I also feel a bit flushed and weak I suppose I'm just sitting here dwelling on my side effects off theses horrible tablets as well as taking 200ml of Amiodarane which I was told is a really high dose so I suppose no wonder it makes you feel like this. Does anyone else feel yuk for most of the day or is it just me being a wus.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Glitzy, I haven't come across Amiodarane, so I looked it up, it then asked me whether I actually wanted Amiodarone, so I thought I would probably do better asking you!

The other thing I was going to ask, was whether Bisoprolol actually goes with Amiodarane?  Have you tried an interactions checker?  I use one on Drugs dot com, very helpful

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I'm feeling a bit better now I'm only on Amiodarane for 3 months I was put on it before my last Cardio version it's suppose to help it you are also not supposed to be in contact with sun light whilst taking this drug I will certainly look on drugs .com as you suggested I'm sure half of this is my nerves.
  • Posted

I'm also sorry that you are feeling low and I am sure it will be caused by the drugs and you ought to go back to your GP or prescriber and tell him you are feeling absolutely dreadful.  Perhaps you could see a different doctor
  • Posted

You have just described exacally how i feel with my arms and legs , silly thing tier me , i am not depressed just wish it was all over with , your mot alone xx
    • Posted

Thanks Bernadette, at least I know I'm not alone I suppose we just need to try and block these feelings out of our minds harder said than done keep smiling.
  • Posted

Hi Glitzy i hope that ypu are feeling a bit better today, if i was uou i would ask your gp if there was an alternative to Bisoprol , some people have an intolerance to betablocker myself being one. Bisoprolol and metoprolol make me very lethargic and glued to the sofa feeling sorry for myself.  Shuffling your meds can help . 
    • Posted

Hi Wendybendy what a good name I'm going to see if I can reduce my drug or even take it at night times like other people have suggested. I think worry plays a big part in this a swell. We need to get our mojo back lol
  • Posted

The drug interaction checker advises not to use amiodarone and bisoporol

So best get medical advice asap

• Posted

thanks for the advice you would think the Consultants would know what they prescribe you never mind I'm only on them till September no more fore me
  • Posted

See extract

\

Interactions between your selected drugs

amiodarone ↔ hydrochlorothiazide

Applies to:amiodarone and bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide

Talk to your doctor before using amiodarone together with hydrochlorothiazide. Combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need regular monitoring of your electrolyte (magnesium, potassium) levels as well as other tests to safely use both medications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, or fast or pounding heartbeats during treatment with amiodarone. In addition, you should let your doctor know if you experience signs of electrolyte disturbance such as weakness, tiredness, drowsiness, confusion, muscle pain, cramps, dizziness, nausea, or vomiting. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

amiodarone ↔ bisoprolol

Applies to:amiodarone and bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide

Using amiodarone together with bisoprolol may lead to increased side effects. Contact your doctor if you experience a reduced heart rate, dizziness, fainting, or headaches. You may need a dose adjustment or need your blood pressure checked more often if you use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

• Posted

Went to the warfarin clinic yesterday , the nusprse said that even after they do the cardio I will be on the warfarin for at least a year , but worse than that she reconds I will be on bisoprolol for anything up to 6 months , I could just about get my head round the idea for a couple of months , but I recon I have put on 4/5 ibs in the last month ,I am going to get to the GP to see if there is an alternative that would not make me fell so tired , it's the weight gain that's really bothering me , had anyone had an alternative beta blocker that did not cause these side effects , 
    • Posted

Bernadette , by "cardio" do you mean cardioversion?

If so after my cardioversion (first) I was kept on warfarin for 6 months whilst I was in sinus rythym and also kept on bisop to help maintain the sinus rythym. Bisop. then stopped and within a month I was back in paroxysmal then persistent AF. 

Question in my mind is would the sinus have been maintained if I had been kept on bisop?

Just a thought for you

• Posted

Thanks bill hopefull , I get what you are saying , I would think the same as you , I need to get this bisoprolol changed it's quiet debilitating , although I don't think I have as many side effects as others  on here .
    • Posted

Hi Bernadette I'm sure even after we've all had our carioversion we will still be kept on Dabigatran and Warfarin as a safe guard to stop us having strokes. I can get my head around that it's the fact of being on Betablockers all the time which I'm hoping not because of all the horrible side effects. Chin up keep smiling
    • Posted

HI sorry just seen this , that's bad news I want to be normal again , I went to my dr and I said can't cope on the bisto it's turned me into an old woman , he halved the dose to 1.25 , day 2 and it's a huge difference I walked fir miles to day and I could lift my feet , not tired at all heart seems ok ie no change , my fingers are crossed , still got the warfarin battle , that's very hard this week as my son is getting married on a Sat , the no alchochol ban might have to go , keep well xx
    • Posted

Hi Bernadette, that good news reducing your bisro tablets I'm hoping that will happen to me,I know what you mean when you feel like an old woman me to I've just done a long walk felt liked  id done a marathon legs very heavy a bit breathless I'm sure it's the tablets never felt like this until I went on to them yesterday I felt a little light headed I don't know if it's because my right ear feels blocked another side effect I bet.  Sometimes I have a glass of wine on a night time (we have to have some enjoyment lol). Anyway, I would have a little drink to celebrate your sons wedding I hope you have a lovely time. Keep smiling xx
    • Posted

Hi i really feel much better on the reduced meds , its worth a shot . Wedding was fab , danced all night .
    • Posted

Hi Bernadette I'm so pleased you have had your meds reduced I'm at the hospital on Friday for check up so I'm going to ask them to reduce mine fingers crossed. Hope you didn't get too drunk at the wedding lol, I think that's what I miss a good dance ahh the good old days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.