A great year

Posted , 22 users are following.

Last year after suffering a very bad flare I was depressed and sedentary. EileenH and others motivated me to get moving. I did 1/6 of a mile then 1/3, 2/3 finally a mile. It was very slow progress, as I hobbled along with my cane, I worked at it. I was ready for skiing. I didn't ride my bicycle was not ready, but ski I did, in fact I taught at 2 different ski areas in New Mexico. The other day I received a letter from Ski Mexico awarding me Ski Instructor of the Year for New Mexico. There is no way this could have happened without the help and knowledge I have received from this FORUM. I am think positive about another great ski season riding my bicycle up our mountain roads, working myself in better shape. It can be done, I did it, you can TO! With a smile on my face. Good luck on your Journeys ??

8 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow to the goodness and production of the positive nature.   Can't do ti?????WATCH ME!  Great attitude.  Keep it up...I will give a go too as the pred weight is creeping on soooooo easily.  Thanks for the prod. 

• Posted

Thank you, Nancy. I gained 20-25 lbs, but now back to normal weight. During weight I was eating the same diet and amount, but once the Pred level started to come down my weight did also. Good luck on your journey, stay positive with a smile. ☺️
  • Posted

I have to say - I am very proud of the fact that this forum had a role in Michdonn earning this accolade!

Well done - you put me to shame!

• Posted

EileenH, I have said it on the forum and to you privately, you were and are a great part of my success on this PMR journey. I thank you, you are an angel ☺️
  • Posted

Oh well done, after nearly 8 years and several flare ups you give me HOPE. I am about to start a diet tomorrow (I caught sight of myself in a shop window today and it wasn't a pretty sight) so your success will spur me on "with a smile " 😀😍

• Posted

Good for you macas, diet and exercise.

Choose a diet you can live with, but watch the carbs and sugar. Good luck, stay positive with a smile. ☺️

• Posted

Well done - I can walk to the letter box and back. Very stiff at present. See Rheumy tmrw 
    • Posted

It is a start Jan, we all have to start on our PMR journey. It not always easy, but the key is to start and stay with it, positive attitude and a smile on your face. ☺️
  • Posted

It's not ALL in the mind but the right attitude is so important. Well done from one octogenarian to another!

• Posted

Thanks BettyE, you are only as old as you feel and when I am on that ski slope, I feel like a kid. Don't necessarily ski like one, but I am enjoying myself. With a smile.??

• Posted

Michdonn,

Very motivating story.  To go from hobbling along with a cane to Ski Instructor of the Year for NM, has to be a positive inspiration for those of us who feel we’re fighting this mysterious illness alone.  There is hope for all of us. 

Congratulations!

• Posted

Thank you Richard, it is a journey that we all are on, believe me once I got moving there has been nothing but positive thinking, diet and exercise. Keep moving forward with exercise and a smile. ☺️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.