a missing hip socket from birth.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have just been diagnosed with a missing hip socket from birth.  This has recently been diagnosed after X-ray following severe pain.

i am having investigations and will be operated on for possible bone grafts or hip replacement.  I am a 15 year girl and would appreciate any information or advice.  Thanks.

a 15 year girl and wondered if anyone has such a problem and could advise any information or advice.  Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Emmerline, so sorry for your pain and problems, and at such a young age. I would suggest that you also post this in the Hip Replacement Forum, where you will probably get more replies. I have seen threads there started by very young people with hip problems from birth who have had hip replacements. Here is the link: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/hip-replacement-1109

Good luck!

• Posted

Many thanks AnnieK.  I am grateful to you for your help and will do as you suggest.
    • Posted

And I see that you have already gotten a reply there, from someone who has a very similar experience! 

Best of luck in the future, as you get treatment/surgery for this condition.

• Posted

Thanks a lot AnnieK.    I appreciate your gòod wishes.  I will be having an operation  in London in the summer,  The consultant wants me to complete my GCSE's and there are quite a few tests before hand,  xxxx                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.