A&P

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi to all you lovely ladies, I am 9 week today post op, been to see the surgeon today and I was checked for urin infection iron and all was well, I then had to have the final check which was the speclam inserted by the doc to have a good look inside it was sore on the left a bit but other than that I was fine, surgery a success ( god I cried with joy) i exsplaind how many low points I had had through the start of the recovery when the doctor stopped me and said you are not recovers yet lady😬 She told me to slow the walking down a bit and still rest  through the day it is a slow build up was her words.

she exsplaind I MUST not get constipated and movicol is excellent and some lady take this for life, no heavy lifting it is all about waight Bering slowly.

no carrieing shopping order on line.

no prolonged standing 

if if I say from week 1/9 there have been points were I have thought I have done some damage when really it as been all about the healing.

if I could give one bit of advice I would find someone you feel you can talk to on the forum and talk to the, daily it does help.

lastly I would like to say thank you to Matron Phylis and welshgirl for all your kind words and support through the last 9 week

happy healing ladies👍💗💓💕😄

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So happy for you, and that is very positive news. I'm currently three weeks post op, have been feeling well. But I have to keep reminding myself not to lift things.

Have you tried the sex thing yet? Hope that is great too xxx

• Posted

So happy for you, and that is very positive news. I'm currently three weeks post op, have been feeling well. But I have to keep reminding myself not to lift things.

Have you tried the sex thing yet? Hope that is great too xxx

• Posted

Hi lulu. It's really hard to not do things especially when you feel well. That's been my problem. I do things and feel it later and get wrong off my hubby.

I'm 10qka today post op and haven't tried see yet as still sore and when examined at hospital on Friday she said I was still raw at top inside and to refrain for another 2 wks. I'm in no hurry and hubby isn't pressurising me at all which is great.

Hope you take it easy and don't over do it. X

• Posted

Yes last night, I was a bit scared but we did the dead I just need to relax more I think xx
  • Posted

Hi Gillian. So pleased you're doing so well. I'm a week ahead of you and been given the thumbs up from hospital too. All the comments on hear definitely give you hope about how it can end. Sadly not all have this ending and I wish them well in their recovery. I'm so pleased I found this forum. I was singing its praises when I went to see my physio yesterday. She was pleased I had found other woman who I could relate to. Think she's gonna look it up and mention it to her professionals too. I wish matron was still here though as her advice was invaluable. I don't know what other professionals we have on here.

Anyways hope everyone has a lovely day and rest up. X

• Posted

Hi Fi-45,

I miss Matron too, she always kept us right! We do still have Stephanie the pysiotherapist and pysiotherapists know quite a bit about recovery!

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Oh I didn't know that. Don't think I've see any post from her or if I have I haven't realised Shes a professional. Good to know though. Thanks. X
    • Posted

thank you for your kind words I am pleased you have had the good news from your surgeon but remember less is more were lifting comes into play, you are still healing.

i am disappointed I didn't get to tell matron my news she was kind to me and helped me a lot.

happy healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.