A poking-like sensation on various parts of my body

Posted , 54 users are following.

I’m not sure if my case could be classified as muscle disorder, but definitely there is something wrong with it. I’ve been suffering from sleep disorder for the past ten years. One of the symptoms that keep on interrupting my sleep at night is a sensation of a very focused pulsation, a poking-like sensation, on various parts of my body: head, neck, limbs, torso, everywhere. Most of the time it feels like someone is poking my body physically with a thin but strong object such as a blunt pencil tip.

The intensity varies from time to time. When it gets strong it makes me feel like I’m being hit by a hammer; when it gets sharp it feels like a needle head pricking my body. Sometimes it’d hit me continuously when I try to fall asleep so that I wouldn’t be able to sleep; sometimes it’d hit certain spots on my body during my sleep and repeat itself in succession until I’m woken up, and sometimes just a single hit would get me up at night.

It has been a major part of the symptoms of my sleep disorder, among other things. This particular one has gradually moved from happening during my sleep at night to happening when I am fully awake during daytime. So technically I can’t really think of it as simply sleep disorder anymore.

It puzzles me a great deal. There is nothing I can do to prevent it from happening, and there is no cure I know of that might help. It doesn’t matter where I’m in the world, it just follows me around. I know it sounds strange and it feels strange to be plagued by this torturous thing. For a long period of time I’ve been suffering it in silence. I don’t know how to deal with it, but I know I have to live with it everyday for the past decade.

Has anyone experienced a similar disorder and found a cure? If so, please share with me. Could anyone offer some suggestions as to how I should treat this horrible disorder? I need your help desperately. Thanks

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hi, I have the same experience for the past few months. Anyone find out about the cause for this condition yet?

• Edited

Hi, Ive been getting this also for the past 9 months, like being randomly poked with a needle sometimes it feels like its coming from the inside, sometimes its just like a light sharp touch , sometimes like a cold or water sensation, have done tests and all has come clear has anyone found out more of what it could be? doctors blame it on anxiety

• Edited

My man i had the same problem sometime ago

You gotta notice if it's poking you threw the blanket then it's something sinister witch was in my case i cleansed the house (serbian Orhtodox) no more poking

• Posted

wow wow ! seeing this gives me goosebumps. i have exactly the same issue you described i havent talked to doc as they will say i am crazy. what treatment did u take ? or u still facing this problem ?

• Posted

its happening exactly like that to me too. I would really like to speak to somebody else who is going through this as my family thinks I’m going crazy.

• Posted

this has been happening to me for the past eight months exactly the same thing. My husband thinks I’m going crazy. Something very unusual is happening and I can’t logically understand it

• Posted

Hi everyone!

Try to search Dr. Rowe from Spine care decompression you tube to follow through the excercise to do. I do have this poking sensation at both my shoulder & arm muscles. After did the excercise with tennis ball it will goes away. Or go for deep tissue massage. Although the symtoms may still comes back but it helps to reduce or remove for a couple of days or weeks. Hope this help!

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.