Posted , 12 users are following.
The procedure and the prep went well. Here's my tips
- Follow the instructions provided by the hospital
- The solution tastes like lempsip .. i just downed each glass.
- Be prepared to camp out in the loo. If you live alone think of everything you'll need and take it with you. do this in advance. (e.g. laptop, chair to put things on, water) and of course the prep.
- the 2nd litre you drink acts lots more quickly than the first so be prepared to go to the loo sooner
- Avoid filling your boots with food on the days before the prep starts. Take it easy and the prep will be easier
- Living without solid food is easy when you can eat orange jelly
- You don't yearn for protein if you have the chicken broth (strained)
- take advantage of the fact you have a nurse right by you. talk to them about anything as the conversation will distract you and more importantly relax you relieving you of any anxiety. I was even laughing an joking in mine (remember i am an anxiety sufferer)
- it didn't hurt me
- parp all you like .. you must and you can minimise any cramps
Talk to your GP in advance can help
- If you're anxious / a worrier then talk to your doctor in advance of the procedure
- it's not a lifetime choice but taking anti-anxiety drugs , even a tiny dose could help you significantly. They also give you a break from worry extremes so you can regather your thoughts and take the opportunity to reprogramme yourself if you wish.
5 likes, 21 replies