A positive outcome.

Posted , 12 users are following.

I want to share some good news!

About ten weeks ago I started to take high dose Omega 3's for my eyes as there is some evidence to show that it can help with dry eyes, as well as general eye health.

About three weeks after starting the Omega 3's, I realised that all my muscle stiffness which I had been plagued with for nearly ten years but particularly bad for the past four years, had gone. Characteristically I had to drag myself up stairs and steps before, now I often do not even need to touch the handrails or bannister.

When I realised that the stiffness had gone I went online to see if there was a correlation between Omega 3 supplementation and resolution of muscle stiffness. Sure enough there it was in black and white. 

It's so amazing! I'm crazy with joy. Thought I'd share some positive news.....for once!

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is amazing news! I love when we find natural solutions.

I wanted to know what relation omega 3 has with Sjogren’s. As i notice some improvement whenever I eat Sardines. I notice the swelling in my throat subsides a bit.

What brand is your omega 3?

• Posted

Ok I'm not sure if I am allowed to say the brand name here however it is targeted very directly to eye Thera(py) & Tears production. However I'm sure there are many other reputable brands out there.

The dose of said brand is, 1200 mg Omega 3 softgels, made up of Fish Oil (natural triglyceride form) 1600 mgs and Flaxseed Oil (organic) 1000 mgs, includes EPA, DHA, ALA to a total of 1200 mgs.

Recommended dose is 3 softgels per day, so a total of 3,600 mgs.

Megan

• Posted

I know it is not you, but I think it sucks that we cannot post a supplement brand because supplements are all different and some work better than others. Thank you for sharing smile
  • Posted

That"s great, Megheart!  Thanks for sharing.  You've been a friend to many on this board and your support and compassion for everyone shines through.  I'm glad that you are with us!

• Posted

Oh that is very sweet of you! We all need encouragement from time to time in the human struggles we find ourselves in, don't we?

Megan 

• Posted

How much is high dose? Recomended dose us 1-3 grams per day.
    • Posted

Hello Alexander. Dose I am taking is three 1200 mgs softgels per day, a total of 3,600 mgs. So in the ball park of what you said.
  • Posted

Awesome!   Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to Amazon to order some.  Would you let us know what dosage you are taking?     Thanks,  Linda

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your good news I will definitely try this anything to help with muscle pains ☺
  • Posted

You don't say whether the Omega 3 is helping your eyes or not. My eye doctor started me on Omega 3 many years ago when he first diagnosed me with dry eye syndrome and that was the only thing I took for it and it stopped my dry eyes all together. But... After I started prednisone it stopped working. I don't know if the prednisone has anything to do with it working but it stopped working and I had to get on Restasis.

I'm really glad that it's working for your muscle pain and stiffness. I never really did notice that side effect.

• Posted

I really cannot say Amkoffee. I have never really had what people describe as typical feelings or symptoms of 'dry eye'. 

I do know that when I saw the Ophthalmologist three weeks ago he said my eyes looked less dry than the previous month. Whether that was due to the punctal plugs they had put in at that previous visit or the change to hourly eye drops or the night time ointment which I had just commenced, I really don't know.

So within the space of a couple of months there has been an upswing of eye treatment in addition to the Omega 3's; hence too many variables to enable me to know at this point which one has helped. I go back to the Ophthalmologist next week so perhaps something more will become evident then.

• Posted

Did you know that watery eyes are a sign of dry eye? A lot of people don't know that so I just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Posted

Yes I know that now but at that time I didn't, so it was a deflection to be sure.

• Posted

that's fantastic news Megheart. smile   I have been taking the omega 3 capsules for many years now (well before I was diagnosed with SS in 2015) but I cant remember what dose each 1 is . I shall try taking the amount you recommend and see if my muscle pains and stiffness improve   

• Posted

I understand stand you can’t say brands but is it an off brand or do you use a name brand? Typically they are pretty much the same but I have taken off brands and maybe that’s some of my problem. 
    • Posted

Why are we not allowed to share brands of products that work for us?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.