41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would like to make my usual plea . If all those with side-effects submitted a Yellow Card report (in UK, not sure about other countries) maybe something would get done about them. Medical authorities don't read these forums so nothing will happen as a result of this and other threads.

• Posted

Id love it if people reported it. Just wondering though how would we prove the drug caused it? Especially without testimony from a doctor. Xx
    • Posted

I have submitted the Yellow Card for both simvastatin and atorvastatin.

• Posted

I just got an acknowledgement that it was received. I have not heard from them since.
    • Posted

Recently or now considered forgotten.
    • Posted

On the drug 'informaion for the user' side-effects are listed so they, the side-effects, are already known about and the info says if you experience these side-effects to go to your GP or A&E. Well I tried that but it made no difference, my GP continued to prescribe. I believe that the scale of the side-effect issue is understated by the pharmas for obvious reasons (and maybe that the info is the result of their own tests rather than independents). The Yellow Card system is the only way I know that the scale of the problem could be established. Whether anything would come of it is another question because the pharmas lobby is very powerful.

• Posted

The MHRA is an independent body and the Yellow Card reports go to them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.