A question

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello Lovlies, last few days since an awful anxiety attack I'm still not feeling too good. My head feels swimmy/woozy, horrid waves of strange sensations go through my body & I feel as though I'm going to faint, collapse or pass out....something 😥 also feels like my blood sugar is low so I'm constantly eating in the hope it will make me feel a bit better...sometimes yes & if I get busy, away goes these waves of horrid body sensations. After talking to a lady I know, she's post meno, (not on a close friend basis)don't think she fully understood what I meant, frustrating, she asked whether I was diabetic...I'm not. Am I the one with this? my husband tells me to get over it & get on with it 😏 Ladies, have any of you experienced/have or had this happen? will it go away? how do you manage this, it's frightening & debilitating. Thankyou for your listening ear. Be well everyone xo

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

sorry, meant to say..am I the only one with this....
  • Posted

Dear Nutty Nan,

I get this weak trembling feeling like i need to eat something to stabilise it. Before meno i had it too sometimes when i had been swimming and felt the need to eat something quick. I believe it is a symptom of meno and it is where sugar level drops. My episodes come and go quite quickly.

• Posted

Ps: I had an anxiety attack the other day. I felt like i forgot how to breath if that is the right description of it, i do suffer panic attacks sometimes bec of my form of acrophobia, not to the extent i dont go out, but certain situations in what i consider really open, but this attack happened after i was sitting, I think prior to the anxiety i had palpitations. It was quite scary that it happened out of the blue like that x
    • Posted

Hi Pink, hope you are keeping well. This is so crappy, never thought that meno would be such a near life changing stage but then, I was never told about menopause. I'm almost scared to go anyway & when I do, I empty the pantry & fill my bag with food LoL  oh for this to stop!

Look after yourself x

• Posted

Yes I hope it ends soon, from my experience the symtoms come and then they go for another one to arise x
  • Posted

Hi NuttyNan,

Yes this happened to me.  This happened occasionally when I started to skip periods just over 2 years ago, I found I would get anxious about things I normally wouldn't have worried about, as time went on it intensified to the stage that a bad anxiety attack could last for a few days.  We started to notice most of the time the anxiety would come in cycles, in that mode for 2 or 3 days then out of the anxiety and felt like you do for 3 or 4 days, maybe 1 good day and then another anxiety attack.  I am coming up to 16 months without a period and have noticed that probably over the last month or so the anxiety is getting better, nowhere near as bad as it was and there arent really any cycles anymore but the biggest positive is that I am not a raging lunatic anymore when I get an attack and I dont get the full blown symptoms of anxiety so much anymore but I know they are still there if that makes any sense.  I am not a diabetic either and used to feel that my blood sugars were low, most of the time they were normal or high.  I dont know what changed, I did give in about 3 or so months ago and go on a low dose antidepressant but that only lasted for 2 months cause made me feel worse and I became a raging eating machine and put on about 6 kilos in 2 weeks, so I lowered the dose then went off them cold turkey, maybe that was the kick start I needed or maybe my hormones are finally finding their level.  It is fightening and debilitating, I became so anxious one night (medical anxiety as usual) and so angry at the world that I belted the daylights out of a wall, that was scary as I am not a violent person and would never hurt anyone let alone myself and I don't do pain too well, thats when I thought I had better go on the AD's.  Hopefully your anxiety will lessen and gradually fade away, the biggest thing as we all know is to try to keep stress levels low, especially about what is going on in our bodies and minds and if you feel the anxiety come on try to divert your thoughts, go for a little walk or do something you enjoy.  I also have to train my mind to understand that I have made it through 2 years of hell body wise and mentally, thinking I had something really bad wrong with me, despite blood tests showing everything is fine and I am still here and so much better now, so that is mainly what I try to focus on...This will all pass in time...stay well and look after yourself...

Hugs

Jo x 

• Posted

Hi Jo, when all this hits it certainly makes you wonder what the hell is going on?!...even though we know it's our hormones doing the Devils dance 👿 yes, I've raved in tearful moments like I'm possessed LoL & it's so frustrating after a few so-so goodish days it all comes back, I get so angry & so frightened & that really gets anxiety in a spin. Has been a very long feeling 2yrs for me...so looking forward to the end of it, I'm almost a year since my last period, maybe everything is intensifying before settling down. Keep well, Thankyou Jo x
    • Posted

Hi again NuttyNan,

Maybe you are right that all intensifies just before the 12 month mark, my symptoms were horrific when the periods started skipping (2 years ago), then eased up a little for a while, though there was always something, then got bad again about 10 months with no period, it seemed that everything would hit at once, not with the intensity as the beginning but all at the same time and of course the anxiety was off the charts.  Though over time the reflux, IBS and a few other symptoms did get better.  Lol dont you love the rants, I feel like such a chook after I have been on a rampage, my poor hubby has put up with so much, for a few months at least twice a week I told him I was leaving him, had enough blah blah, thank goodness he understand and knows I never would.  I wish you all the best and hopefully the end of the menopause woes are in site for you and all of us...You are very welcome and thank you and stay well...xx

• Posted

Hi nuttynan

Yes i have experienced awful anxieties and nose bleeds, and mood swings, and insomnia really badly don't know what to take any more to help me sleep nothing is working not even the ginger tea my sister said its suppose to help you relax and its 4 in the morning and i am wide awake can't do it any more can't live like this cry Just want to sleep with out any problems just can't live like this any morecry

• Posted

Hi Susan, I do hope you are alright. I don't sleep the same as I used too, after dinner I'll fall asleep in front of the TV...that maddens my husband no end...I don't plan to but I just nod off, early morning around 4 & 5 I start to wake...usually I feel terrible with what feels like a sickly anxiety. I used to be able to stay up till late & sleep till 9.  Have you tried chamomile tea or warm milk with honey? maybe a warm bath with lavender bath salts(bubble bath) is there a local health food shop where you could ask about something for a better sleep or maybe a Naturopath. I know how you feel, I say the same thing, about everything to do with menopause 'I can't live like this anymore'  but somehow we live with it, we somehow manage. Look after yourself & keep well 💖
    • Posted

hi susan ....just to ask your nosebleeds how regular are they and do you bleed out the same nostril.....ive been having them every 3months this year always left nostril...very strange and usally every 12 weeks or so...ive put it down to hormones ...scare the hell out of me...as my longest went on for four hours ....im now on beta blockers for my anxiety...and i do sleep better since taking them....hope you ok hun.xx
    • Posted

It is the same nostril always the left one and it does scare me don't know what to do any more about it had trouble sleeping durring the night just want this to all go awaycry
    • Posted

No I'm not feeling good just had a lot of trouble sleeping the milk and ginger tea did not help me nose bled a little from the left nostril stomach acted up urinating a lot and then a lot of stool after i drank the milk 

Can't take it any more i don't know how Melatonin will affect me my sister gave me some of hers which i cut in half to make it 1.25 I'm scared of taking it but i should try it bennedryl does not help at all 

Just want to find something that will help me sleepcry

• Posted

Hi, sorry to read you're not doing too well...sending you a hug. Hope you don't mind me saying but this whole meno stage is just plain sh** awful! 😪 Really hope you can find something that will enable you to get a good sleep. Music? soft relaxing 'mood' music, yoga, valerian or other supplement(ask at your health food shop), breathing/relaxation exercises. As upsetting & frustrating as it is, thinking too much about sleep will create stress/anxiety which = no sleep....a vicious cycle. All the very best to you. xo
  • Posted

Hello Nutty Nan Google the 66 symptoms of Perimenopause that one of the lovely ladies here shared. If I'm not mistaken that is one of the symptoms. Hope you feel better. For some of us this time in our lives drives us nuts, that's how I feel anyways.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.