A question about Lichen Sclerosis

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone, Lichen Sclerosis is an external skin condition as I have been informed, however, I was wondering does anyone else have any internal symptoms. The opening of my vagina and inside is red raw and swollen, is this part of the Lichen? The nurse thought I had thrush before being diagnosed with LS and ruled thrush out.. TIA sad

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was just been diagnosed 2 days ago and as soon as my gynaecologist saw how red I was inside he said that it was typical of LS. I'm just waiting for my prescription to start my treatment. 

• Posted

I was told by my gynocologist and dermatologist that LS does not go inside.  If you have issues inside, it's most likely Lichen Planus and you can have LS and LP at the same time.  BUT..that's MY doctors and I wouldn't put it past them to be wrong on that.   Just mentioning it so you have another option to resarch (Lichen Planus).  

I have genital LS and oral LP.  I got the Oral LP 2 yrs after the LS started.  My Oral Lichen Planus presents as white lines on the inside of my cheeks and sometimes gums/side of tongue.   

• Posted

Hi Toobusy, when I was diagnosed over 10 years ago I was sent to Dr after dr. (All gynos )No one could figure what was wrong with me. I was so red, so inflamed and had one lesion at the time. They all kept saying it was my hormones causing it. Hormones do play a role in this disease but that wasn't what was wrong. So I called back to the specialty hospital I was sent to and ask to see a woman Dr that knew what she was doing! So they gave me a appt with this new Dr. 4 days later I drove 3 hours to see her. I wasn't on the table 60 seconds and she diagnosed me with LS. I was so red and raw inside that the speculum didn't even want to go in. That time on the table for her to get swabs is forwe burned into my memory. She told me it does cause those symptoms inside. Most Dr's dont think it does but she has studied around the world in different countries trying to help with LS. She assured me in 4 to 6 weeks of her treatment I'd feel so much better after she diagnosed me. She put me on my treatment and in weeks I was like new. Went into remission for a long time until recently the burning come back. Found this forum and ive been on borax since. Its a miracle in a box! I will always remember her and thank her in my prayers. 5 years was a long time to go undiagnosed with no help.

(She's back abroad studing it more now)

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hello - I don't know if and when you'll see this - but can I ask you what your treatment is please ? I was just diagnosed and am freaking out here a bit. Is borax safe ? Isn't it soap ? Sorry - I'm feeling a little ignorant here. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.