A quick thank you message

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I really didn't want to continue on the thread made earlier concerning myself so decided to start a new one. Thank you to everyone for all your support today, it's very much appreciated! and it means a lot!!  I'll be honest i was totally gobsmacked and very upset this morning when i read that. I always go out of my way to help people here, because i just like helping people. (including the person who wrote that post) Yes, sometimes i may say the wrong thing or put it the wrong way but i'm the type of person that says it how it is kind of thing. No messing from me, you either like me or you don't. If it's the latter then pass on by and let it go over your head or private message me if you have to but to make a public post when it's so obvious it's me then that's just plain mean and nasty. I'm quite knowledgable in what i know about the benefit system ESA and PIP especially because i claim both and been through it all before. There are some things i admit that do confuse me but google is always there. If i see a new post it's not possible to pass it by without trying my hardest to help the person asking for it. I spend many many hours every single week helping people here, i've even helped people in the past through private message. It often takes me longer than i'd like to post a reply because sometimes my brain just won't process the info (part of my health condition) I admit i came very close to leaving the forum today, which is why i haven't replied to either of the messages but i'm not going to let one person push me away. Thank you all once a again for your support today, it's brightened my day just a little. xxx

5 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Denise i dont know whats been said hear thats nasty i never saw it and its horrible all the same.

I know you have helped lots of people and many of us really appreciate all you efforts to help us and lengthy replies as well.

Im glad you have decided not to leave the forum, We would miss you and your input so much.

Sue x

• Posted

Thank you Susan for your support also, it does mean a lot! xx
  • Posted

Hi Denise I am so glad you are staying with us as you are incredibly helpful and caring.  I am sure the vast majority of us are so grateful for your help and expert knowledge of the benefits system.  There will always be the odd one or two detractors and maybe coz they are jealous of your knowledge, or maybe they just want to hurt a good person like you.  There are idiots in life as we all know and it's inevitable that the occasional one will find their way onto this site.  Ignore them and listen to the rest of us.  We want you to stay so don't you dare go anywhere.  OK?  xx

• Posted

Hi Bev,

Thank you, you're a sweet person too! I don't know you personally (sadly) but all the support i've had from you is amazing, thank you again! Don't worry i'm not going anywhere, all this support i've had since yesterday has totally blown me away! xx

• Posted

Good,  I'm so pleased Denise that someone so mean spirited is not going to drive you away.  smile

I'm sure that some people who ask questions think we get paid to answer them, which of course is not the case.  All of it is because we genuinely want to try and alleviate some of the stress they are going through.  You are extremely knowledgeable regarding all kinds of benefits including ESA, JSA etc.  I try to help people when they ask about DLA and PIP assessments as that is something I have experienced, but know absolutely nothing about working age benefits, probably because I'm an old wrinkly rolleyes   I'm glad you are staying. xx

• Posted

Thank you again sukes!

Afew people here have actually acussed me of working for the DWP because of my knowledge of the benefit system lol Even if i was well enough to work, it certainly wouldn't be for DWP and that's a fact. Never have and never will work for them.

I not only enjoy advicing and helping people claim what they rightfully deserve, it helps keeps my mind busy and away (sort of) from my daily pain. I'm certainly not the sort of person who lays in bed each and everyday asking for a pity party. Nothing can be done to help me with my health issues so i just have to carry on the best way i can. I very rarely tell anyone how much pain i deal with each day, even my children don't know (at least i never tell them) I just tell myself there's always someone worse off than i am.

I don't know any of you personally, but i sure wish i did! xxx

• Posted

You are incredible Denise.   Instead of feeling sorry for yourself with all your multiple issues you turn this into a postive and spend your time and energy helping others.  I am sorry you are in constant pain, I couldn't imagine this.  Take care  Bev   xx

• Posted

Hi Denise

Firstly, I have only just read the attack on you and having read what she wrote and the thread in which you gave her advice, I am gobsmacked at how she can possibly write what she did.

Secondly, on a personal note, and referring to my own post with regards to winning PIP at appeal, I can in all honesty say that if it had not been for your advice, and yes encouragement I may well have given in and not gone on my journey and continued to tribunal.

Thirdly, and in my opinion, most importantly, please do not leave this forum. You have been and are a godsend to so many and "go the extra mile" in finding and checking advice which others may not be aware of. Sure, there may be times when the answer is not what the person asking likes to hear but, if this is the case, you always explain in a clear and easy to understand way and show empathy (something sadly lacking on occasions with some of the assessors and DMs).

Lastly, it is good to read the messages of your support you have had and richly deserve.

Thanks again Denise. You are a diamond.

Steve.     

• Posted

Thank you Steve, It was my pleasure to help and advice you with your PIP. As for the other things well what a truely lovely post. Sometimes i'm just totally lost for words and this is one of those very fews times! Thank you so much!!!

• Posted

Well said Steve. Denise has been an inspiration to many people. I'm so glad she's staying put.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words Denise.

I am pleased that you are staying as I feel that many who are new to the claims system may be unsure of their entitlement or how to deal with the assessor`s report and DWP decisions. I know that if there is anyone who can help, advice and support it is you.

• Posted

Thank you Bobbybo1. I only wrote what I truly feel.

I think that you have found the words I was searching for - as you said "Denise has been an inspiration". 

• Posted

First off Thanku for all u do.If people have a problem with somebody they shd send them a private message NOT complain all over a forum espically after all the help u have given.People shd remember that this page is for advice.I dont thunk people on this page r payed n it v hurtful when they have spent gours giveing helpful advice to then b called rude.U kept askin the same question n u were always answered.Thanku 4 all u do Denise n DO NOT LEAVE. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.