A Strange question...perhaps?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I hope that you are all recovering well?

Do any ladies out there who have had hysterectomy ops think  that their immune system has been compromised in any way since? It may just be coincidence but before my hysterectomy I was relatively healthy (apart from the obvious symptoms that lead to my op) I hadn't had a cold for about 15 years (I kid you not) I had a very bad cold 4 months ago, I had had only one bout of cystitis when I was in my 30's (I'm 63), since the op I have now had 3 bouts in as many months and am now just getting over a bad bout of tonsilitis, something else I hadn't had for years and years, is it connected to the hysterectomy or is it just coincidence? I'd love to know what you think.

Thanks

Phoebe xx

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello again Phoebe, I honestly do not believe your low immunity would have anything to do with having your Hysterectomy 15 yrs ago... What does your Doc say?.... 15yrs is a very long time to have a cold.... As a natural remedy drink a full glass of Coconut Water every day... It is great for many health issues... Including weight loss, headaches &metabolism.... Give it ago what have you got to lose.. Honey &Garlic also great to build up your immunity system. Good luck... 💕💕

• Posted

Hi Noelene, I had my hysterectomy 2 years ago this December, before then I hadn't had a cold for 15 years, thanks for your suggestions, I can't touch Garlic or coconut, I do have Manuka honey though sometimes.

• Posted

Hi, Phoebe,

I thought of something else.  Because your immune system is in your gut, you could consider taking a probiotic designed to fortify your immune system, too.  Or, you could try kefir, that would help.  Kefir is more natural.  I have a friend who drinks some every day.  

Best to you! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.