A worry about a changing shift

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone 

I've posted on here a few times but not recently . I'm a little concerned as my alcohol addiction has taken a shift !! Thats the only way I can describe it . I have been an every night drinker for probably 15 years plus ( one bottle of wine ) per night ! Ive been through all of the....I will change ....I will just have one bottle in the house.....I will go to different shops to buy it.....I will panic if I dont have it ....I wake up every morning thinking of it ... I will drink it in a tall glass in front of my family so they dont notice....I wont make a fool of myself at parties next time !!! .....And so on ......

The reason I say I feel I have shifted is because I now feel I have to drink just to feel normal . I think about drink all day even though i work hard and have mant distractions !! 

I have suffered with anxiety all my life and know that this alcohol addiction is making it worse . I am very knowledgable in this area and hold a very responsible job too

I am lonely and very aware that I could change that but whenever I meet anyone I only want to drink more due to any sort of emotion I face , knowing that the drink covers it up anyway ? 

Does anyone have any advise . I would very much appriciate it . All I want and dream for is happiness, contentment and to not feel the need to drink 

Please help x

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Rainbow. Admission is a BIG step AND YOU CAN DO IT!! You probably have a lovely and caring family and friends and they will support you. It is NEVER too late to stop as I will gladly admit....had too much too loose and was drinking too much for so many years but stopped overnight since I was on the point of destroying my family...in Dec this yr 3 yrs no drinking and not looking back. Keep us posted whatever happens. we will support you and not mis judge you.
    • Posted

Hi Robin

Thank you for your encouragement smile Well done to you , thats amazing. I expect you feel so free and healthy now .

I'm still very determined and my mindset has taken a definite turn for the better. Im determined and taking each day with a new look on life. A healthy one smile 

Thankyou and take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.