abalation very soon

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all

I've had my appointment to be admitted to royle Manchester heart hospital just under 4 weeks.... 14 of April 😃 am excited that I am getting it sorted after 20 years of heart problems... yes i am scared but whats life if your not scared now and then ☺

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You have my sympathy, Steven. The anticipation and feeling that at last there'll be light at the end of the awful AF tunnel, and then being let down like this is dreadful. I don't buy into the excuse of no beds, as surely it's a Day Case which is a pre-planned clinic, which you don't (hopefully) need to stay in overnight for.

Chase them for another date as soon as you can!

• Posted

Hi Steven,

Just to let you know that in Brighton, the Royal Sussex County Hospital which is also has a cardiac day care centre has just 12 beds, when I went for my ablation there were only 8 beds available as they use all or as many required for the overflow from the A&E emergency Department, so this is probably the same in most hospitals, emergencies obviously come first.

Good luck with yours when you have it done, I hope all goes well as did mine.

Regards Ken.

• Posted

Hello a update

My abalation was tomorrow 8am guess what.? It's been cancelled for the 3rd time sad feeling so angry and upset.. I've just had an AF episode 5 mins ago lasted half hour.. this really isn't fair.. any advice from anyone I will be speaking to them Tomorrow as I didn't get home till 5pm and there was a message on my answer phone

Steven

• Posted

i am stunned, all i can say is good luck with the next one, but honestly? i dont know what to say strewff!! good luck and all good wishes, keep calm see your GP about some extra meds to help keep the heart calmer... and perhaps yourself, i know i would be seething... and would pass on the call for my wife to deal with, i would be too angry and also not be in a good place health wise...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.