Absolute misery!

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have a soccerball size fibroid. It is causing me so much misery. I'm constantly idepressed. And I suffer panic attacks all day. I just need someone to talk to who can relate...

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have serious winds. I'm constantly belching...is this the fibroid?
    • Posted

Fibroids can have gastric effects depending on where they are.       Or sometimes it could be what you are eating. I find when eating brocolli or cabbage that happens and get bloated, but they are good veggies to eat of course so continue to eat them.    There is lots of advice on the internet about natural methods I dont think they all say cut out dairy and meat. I i eat mostly poultry and fish and try to get organic now where I can. There are good things you can add like green tea but I know you are not supposed to suggest things on this site.  Some people believe in herbal and complimentary. I know it costs money though. Its a case of finding what works for you and managing the symptoms. I hope you can get some esmya at least that might help.    
    • Posted

I have tried the hollistic route, however it's short lived. I battle to stick to it. I feel like I'm going to explode most days. My legs and feet hurt. My back hurts. My rib cage hurts. I'm very depressed and always anxious.
    • Posted

I don't think my fibroids affect my digestive system much, they do make me feel tender though, and I can't wear tight clothes.

i tried a really healthy low fat, no alcohol, no coffee, low carb diet with loads of exercise for two months, I lost weight but my fibroids didn't go anywhere!

• Posted

Hi Melanie and Christine, I agree, and the last thing you want to is deprive yourself of all your pleasures when you are already suffering with the fibroids. I have coffee in the morning, just cut back on having one in the afternoon and changed it to a herbal ( makes no difference I know). i just moderate things and try to eat as healthy as possible with the odd treat just for general health anyway.  I eat cheese ocassionally. When i read the diet advice everywhere it leaves me thinking, but what can I eat then ???        
    • Posted

My husband is a butcher. He's miserable cause I won't allow much meat in the house. I have been juicing vegetables.
    • Posted

I'm limited to the type of exercise because of nerve pain and do pines from meds! I do aim to take dog for a walk a couple of times a day and do step ups. Also stretches lying in floor. That's about it really
    • Posted

I walk the dogs Melanie, and it's very hilly here so it's good exercise. I also play tennis which has been challenging when I've had pain and bleeding but I love it. And I do Pilates, though when my womb was at its largest I couldn't lie on my front or bend double.
    • Posted

Hi Melanie

I had 8 fibroids and looked 6 months pregnant.  I used to do zumba but at my own pace and vigor.  I also used to use weights in the gym but just light ones coz anything heavy gave lots of pain.

• Posted

Does anyone have a numb aching tiredness in the torso. From my upper back down to the toes. I'm severly anxious and I am frustrated and scared.
    • Posted

Hi Melanie, I know that in the early days of finding out about this that I too was anxious and it resulted in all sorts of physical symptoms. I do believe as many do that if you are anxious, worried, fearful, feeling down etc etc that it can manifest in the body. A numb aching tiredness could be linked to low moods or feeling a bit depressed about all this, and I hope that all settles down for you when you know what you are dealing with and if you can get some help/ treatment to manage it. I think we have to sort of come to terms with it as well. How long have you known about the fibroid ? Is it the one large one you have?  
    • Posted

It's seven months now. I have one really big one. I feel terrible all the time. I can't explain it.
  • Posted

Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. My fibroids are the size of a 6 month pregnancy so I know how it feels. There are a lot of natural remedies out there and one of them might help you or at least make your symptoms better. None worked for me but I might be a special case since surgery and medication (fibristal) didn't work for me either but I still found that I generally felt better when I avoided dairy and sugar. Also try castor oil packs. Good luck.
  • Posted

as you can see from all the replies you have come to the right place.

we all know how you feel.

Have you properly been diagnosed with scans of the fibroids.

As othrs have stated you need to start tackling the issue with medication. I have taken 2 rounds of Esmya and for me when i was on them they strunk the fibroids and they stopped my heavy bleeding and had no bad side effects so may be an option for you to give you a break from the misery.

Have you been given any surgical advice - myomectomy, embolisation that you could have.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing with holistic method. I will send you a link about my fibroid journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.