Absolute misery!

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have a soccerball size fibroid. It is causing me so much misery. I'm constantly idepressed. And I suffer panic attacks all day. I just need someone to talk to who can relate...

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hallo Melanie,

I had the same fibroids..not just one but 3 big ones.

My life was a misery,always tired,heavy flows.anaemic..endless list.

The Gyna had said that only solution was to get my uterus out..which i really considered.

But at 32 then i got someone who tood me not to and i decided to get a second opinion.

I took zoladex for 3 mnths.then 3 months esmya the fibroids shrunk very little and i had my operation last year July.

And 3 more months esmya.

That was the craziest time of my life..i hit depession mode cos of the treatment and but after a year of all that..i infact forgot everything.i just have bumps on the uterine muscles that can develpo into fibroids in near future..hut my uterus is free from fibroids for now..

Maybe try get treatment ,all i know the treatment is not short but in the end you can get your energy back and no pain.

• Posted

Hi, can i ask what operation you had. I also have a few large fibroids with uterus the sze of 5 month pregnancy. Also taken 2 rounds of Esmya and myomectomy. Now have been told only option is hysterectomy.
    • Posted

Hi, can i ask what operation you had. I also have a few large fibroids with uterus the sze of 5 month pregnancy. Also taken 2 rounds of Esmya and myomectomy. Now have been told only option is hysterectomy.
    • Posted

Hey, they did a myectomy,bikini cut

I had 10 fibroids..3 super big,one had protruded like a babys head on my tummy.they removed 9 one shrunk with esmya after operation.

• Posted

wow, thats great. i know what u mean about the protrudung tummy i have the same thing. i had myomectomy also with 6inch bikini cut but unfortunatly they could not cut them out due to their position
    • Posted

Position matters yes..one could not be operated as it was in the uterus but it shrank on esmya luckily.

Maybe also try home solutions..i followed some diet n drinks n they helped me.

Mollassed apple cider n lemon mix.

Also indian gooseberry poweder(amla)

I avoided animal protein and soya.

I went for the treatment cos i got a man and we got pregnant and thru fibroids i ost the baby..so i decided the cut

But with the home stuff i kind off managed it.they just overgrew cos of pregnancy

• Posted

Glad they managed to remove so many, nyawira, do make sure you go back and get another scan though as they may regrow again. I was not offered a myomectomy as most of the fibroids are embedded in the uterus wall.
    • Posted

did u have hysterectomy, Christine. my fibroids are also embedded hence could not come out during myomectomy. i've been offered hysterectomy even though i am fairly young with no kids 
    • Posted

Hi no, I'm not happy about a hysterectomy, maybe it is the only real option for me but I need to try everything else first. Esmya has helped a lot.
  • Posted

I guess I was looking for some miracle cure...I just want to be normal again. I spend each day in pain, agony, panic and sadness. Seems like an op is the only answer and I am petrified of not waking up during an op...
    • Posted

Everyone fears that..but i tell you,the doctors know what they are doing.

A heart is very strong..it cant just stop beating so dont be afraid.fear will make things worse and its not a solution.i stayed with the fibroids for 8 plus years and i wish i had accepted the operation earlier when i was younger.

Now baby rush and fibroids its just too much to handle

• Posted

I feel the same way.  I wish i had been told to monitor them because the misery of the last three yers has been awful.  Now at 46 it seems time is not on my side.

• Posted

There are many different options though to invasive surgery.  You do not have to have open surgery like some of us have had.  But if you are not happy with what your doctor has said(like i was not) then go seek another doctor till you are happy.  There are many other options out there that do not involve a cut
  • Posted

Hi lovely!

I totally feel you!! I found out last november that I had 10 fiibroids. I had so many symptoms for many years and every doctor had disregarded them as stress due to my university studies. It was not till I could physically touch one of the fibroids that is 10cm big last October that the doctor found out what the flower was wrong with me. I have 10 of them in different places of my uterus. 

I had to take the semester off from school due to the stress and anxiety I have been feeling over having to have surgery to remove them in April. I am fighting not to fall in depression like you.

The good news though - like it has been already stated- is that this surgery is done so often -due to how many women suffer from this-, that the doctors are as good as doing this as them writing our prescriptions. 

We will be fine...not sure why the idea of having surgery affects myself so much - I am getting teary as am writing this, and I am in a public cafe so have to hold it together. I been praying a lot. I have my follow up scan on March 20th and praying for the natural stuff to have worked for me - fingers crossed.

I have seen a acupunturist and it is the only thing that helps with my mood / emotional swings. If you can find a good acupunturist that does Chinese medicine near where you are go see them. They are better than the Japanese. Mine is a university lecturer/professor here in Australia. Find someone trust worthy and reliable, do not go to just anyone cuz they will just take your money. 

Also, try to use affirmations. Remember you are emotional cuz it is a big thing to find that something is wrong with our bodies and that it is affecting our ability to procreate - something that as a woman is our gift. Also, this emotional and depression propensity is cuz your hormones are out of balance, so it is harder to control.

Please go out and do not stay home. I try to walk at least 30 minutes every day or I go to the gym and do zumba or another dance class and yin yoga to relax. 

Stay positive. Remember our bodies are great healing machines - just try to remember please - I know it is hard but we can do it.

Maybe you can find an Mayan Arvigo practitioner near you? The massage is really relaxing.

Try to keep as relaxed as you can and try to keep your joy as much as possible cuz it helps with getting through this. 

I might have surgery on April 12, so I know how you feel cuz it is something I really do not want to do. However, I also do not want to keep looking like am 20 weeks pregnant and be uncomfortable, so I am trying to remind myself that it is good that I found out what is the imbalance in my body and that there are good ways to regain balance in my body, so that I can back to normal.

I know many women feel a blessing as their life enormously changes after surgery, so just keep telling yourself that regardless of the option you take you will get better just take action and do not let yourself be disempower or innundate cuz you found out of this. The sadness does not help us, but thankfully all the lovely ladies in this group do help us...Lets be grateful for that as it is a great start!

Send you a big big hug from here and wish you all the best!! Much strength! 

• Posted

Lovely post neshira, wishing you all the best with your surgery. I'm sure it really does help to have a positive outlook and keep active, I try to live as normal a life as possible, but sometimes can't help thinking 'why me' when all my friends seem to have sailed through menopause and are getting on with their lives.

• Posted

Big hugsNeshira. Thank you so much for your post. Made me feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.