Achalasia and Paleo AIP Diet - Any luck?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am recently diagnosed with Achalasia and I am still pending test results to tell me what type I have. I have had this for 1 year before finally getting the right diagnosis. In my research, I started wondering if anyone has had any symptom improvement or even remission with an autoimmune diet such as Paleo AIP or any others? What about supplents? I appreciate any help being a new comer.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Take pantoprazole 40 mg 1X/day along with domperidone 10 mg 3X/day. The last you need to take 10-20 minutes before eating as it is short acting.   Have been since last November and no problems.  Agree that you just learn what food you can tolerate/what time of day.  Not very interested in eating say about 5:30 so often dinner consumed early morning.  Chicken soup loaded with veggies/chicken and a small pasta my favourite.  If feeling bloated or uncomfortable, take AlkaSeltzer.  Seems to be more of a problem than acid reflux.  But for that sit up straight if you can.  Good luck.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks all! Manometry came back and I am type 2. I plan to get the HM as soon as I can. Just researching surgeons now. I want to go somewhere they do a lot of these.
  • Posted

I am still waiting on a manometry to fully confirm achalasia but everything points to it. I've had amazing improvements for a few weeks with an anti-inflammatory diet, keeping a meticulous journal of foods, emotions, eating times, and reactions, as well as acupuncture and herbs that we have adapted dozens of times as my condition has evolved and progressed. I'm trying a very modified mechanical soft/ AIP diet to see what foods I'm more sensitive to and am learning a lot and able to keep down wayyy more food.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.