Aches and pains

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi ladies asked this question before but i will ask again lol. Does any of you get aches and pains in your joints especially your shoulders. My shpulders are the worse at the moment. I have in the past suffered with dislocated shoulders as i was knocked down by a car when i was young so this could be making it worse xx

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don’t talk about pain ! I feel like I’m about 100. At present I have aching legs and my back and shoulders feel like I’ve been lifting heavy weights . Does anyone get indigestion from even the slightest thing ? My reflux is really playing up as well . Not sure if it’s my boobs sore or from the heartburn . Been so worried it’s my heart , but had an ecg and everything’s fine . A mixture of anxiety and indigestion . 

• Posted

Hi jane i have stomach reflux but been alot worse these past few years with the menapause. Thats how my shoulders ferl as if im lufting heavy weights. Its awful xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen, yes I also suffer with pain. I've had 20 years of it due to sport injury's in both my shoulders and Achilles tendonitis but doc said peri makes it worse. More recently its my fingers and wrists in both hands I stopped hrt few weeks ago as it seemed to start when I was on that. I get stiffness to and just feel like an 80 year old these days.

• Posted

Hi sarah funny you shpuld say that ive been on hrt patches 2 years now and my joints have got worse since then. Never throught that it could be the hrt as i went on that because the dizziness and hot flushes were really bad xx
  • Posted

HI Karen that’s my symptom just now , the pains in my shoulder and forearms , some days I could cry trying to dry my hair , but would much have this than the dizzy anxious feeling ... poor all of us 💕

• Posted

Yer i would rather have the aches and paons than dizziness its just horrible been limited to what you can do at the moment xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen,

Yes, the joint pain is bad, but it does get better! I started with a frozen shoulder, then lower back pain, then pain in my hip, which gives way when it feels like irma, and excruciating pain in my shoulder, radiating down to my fingers. Doctors said I would need a hip replacement, had an untreatable problem with my shoulder, and arthritis in various places, fingers, neck etc,

However, I was sure that most of these symptoms were down to the menopause, and after all the aches and pains over a ten year period, nearly all the problems have gone. I take hrt and magnesium cell salts, and only need paracetamol if the pain is getting to me. I no longer need assistance to tie my bra, put my knickers on, and can get in the bath on my own....and get out again unaided. So, hopefully, you will improve soon, too. It always makes me shake my head, when ladies on here think that when their periods stop, and they are officially menopausal, that a miracle will happen and they will have no more issues. I am 62 and have had symptoms for over ten years, but particularly bad for the past three! X

• Posted

Thank you supemack yes i throught at first mine was a frozen shoulder cause its msinly the left one and down my arm. My right hip also plys up but not every day. I havent had a period for nearly 13 years. Im 51 so hoping im calming down now. Thanks for the reasurrence xx
  • Posted

Yes!  Achy sore muscles sore joints and yes it is hormones!
  • Posted

I have always had joint pains, really since childhood, although sometimes it's better than others.  It seems a bit better when I don't eat milk products, although I tested negative for milk allergy.  I am now a couple of years post menopausal and it's been particularly bad recently.  I find the most effective thing is co-codamol 2 x 500/30mg tablets, which I have on prescription for gallstones and muscle spasm type back pain.  I am very aware of the addiction risks of co-codamol so I make sure that I have a day or two without it now and again, just to check I am ok, but it is the most effective thing by far and I intend to see my GP soon to check that it's ok to take in the longer term for joint pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.