Aches and pains withdrawing

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone

I am on 7.5 from 10 for a couple of weeks now and am feeling good mentally but physically I'm aching all over. Anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yeh Lina, i get this, im on 5mg at the moment & go mountain walking to loosen up my joints.

• Posted

Hi Mike

That's reassuring to know. I feel about 90 sometimes. I hope it passes with time.

• Posted

Hi Toria

How long have you been withdrawing? For me it's been about two weeks and I mostly have physical symptoms, aches and pains, stiffness, headaches etc.

• Posted

hi ive done a week without any agyer reducing them and had to give in today and take one i felt awful still do bad head shaking legs are like jelly just not myself ive been on these 20 years

• Posted

Hi Deborah

Not sure I understand, have you gone cold turkey?

• Posted

you need to get stable then reduce really slowly if you want to come off! ive had everything you describe i dropped too fast xx

• Posted

hi i did what the doctors said i finally got to 10mg in half every 4 days but then i stopped and felt so awful as i put so i took one again yesterday because i cant cope with the withdraw

• Posted

doctors know nothing about withdrawal if your standard dose is 10mg you need to reduce by 10 percent ask for the liquid xx

• Posted

i never started on that i started on 20mg 20 years ago them went to 40mg been on that dose until i wanted to come off them

• Posted

was on 20 then 40 to 20 then 10 then 5 every other day then every 3 days till got to 5 days then i stopped this is all over 20 years

• Posted

your doctors instructions are all over the place.it takes along time to wean off this medication without issues as in months or years.more like years.

• Posted

you never do every other day its dangerous my goodness doctors are idiots, what dose did you go back on? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.