Aches and pains withdrawing

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone

I am on 7.5 from 10 for a couple of weeks now and am feeling good mentally but physically I'm aching all over. Anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

im still getting migraines and nightmares and pains plus lots of other symptoms after reducing 10 months ago and ive not slept through the night since! but im getting off this no matter what as since ive been on it ive been ill, very concerned about how much weight im dropping but could be because im exercising 3 times a day and im sensitive to nearly all foods because of the antihistamine in cit xx

• Posted

Hi Toria

They worked so well for me the first time, I was on them for several years for health anxiety when I was given a wrong diagnosis. I stopped cold turkey because I started to feel unwell after taking them and my anxiety was ok and blood tests were normal. I felt I needed to try something. I did great for a week but withdrawal symptoms started so I restarted 10mg and then started yoyoing with my dose ie, 7.5 to 5 and 10 again. a foolish thing to do in a short peried of time. I lost over a stone in weight with increased anxiety, loss of appetite and worrying over so many symptoms but since reducing it's creeping back up on me. I took my 7.5 about an hour ago and feeling a little light headed and headachy again. What symptoms are you getting since withdrawing?😊

• Posted

my goodness lina too many to type to be honest xx

• Posted

Sounds a bit like mine then. There has to be a light at the end of this tunnel, there just has to be😊

• Posted

its brutal but it will end, im having better days but when its around period time im terrible xx

• Posted

Gosh ladies, reading through why people get put on anti ds, really scares me. All that misdiagnosis..... and then you're left to deal with the fallout.

Good on us all for pulling through.

• Posted

Hope you are all okay ladies. I am going through another blip around about now.

I have discovered I can't drink , not even a glass of alcohol, it knocks me for six. Seems to negate the effects of the citalopram, and its sneaky cos it doesnt creep up on me until a few days later.

On top of that, had a huge acupuncture treatment on Thursday last week which sent me a bit loopy. And menopause. Life is quite tough at times, eh?

• Posted

Hi Ruth

It's good to hear from you, sorry you are going through a blip at the moment, sounds like you may have overdone it a bit with your acupuncture. You and I have had these blips so many times before and we have got over them. It's just trying to find out what causes them and then try to eliminate the causes I suppose. I get stressed after visiting my mother and seeing to her needs, I always feel worse the next day. If anyone in the family gets ill I feel the anxiety rush then. I was always able to cope with these things before so perhaps once I settle on 7.5, I will be able to again.

I did a stupid thing though and spoiled my routine. Because I was getting so many aches and pains and after reading how citalopram has an analgesic effect, I went from 7.5 to 10mg thinking it would help but it made me so groggy I went back to 7.5 the next day. That was a few days ago and yesterday I was lightheaded again. My own fault but now I know I won't increase again. After reading all the warnings about messing with the dose here and from my own personal experience you'd think I'd know better. I have had a couple of anxiety rushes too in bed lately but I try to take my mind off it, knowing its just anxiety, I watch something funny on tv or read and it goes before I give it chance to take hold.

I too cannot drink, went out for a meal recently and just had a beer shandy, took two sips and I could feel it go straight to my head, had to leave it there. My family looked at me as if to say, surely two sips of shandy wouldn't have that effect and then I worry about why it DOES have that effect.

I'm having physio on my aching shoulder, I was told my problem is quite common and boils down to poor posture. The exercises are helping. Other aches and pains still there but I'm just carrying on and hoping they will pass eventually, after all I didn't get them before I started reducing.

I hope your blip passes soon Ruth, they have visited you before and you have shaken them off. Great to hear from you. Take care x

• Posted

hey lina, interesting to read about your shoulder, as i too have problems with my shoulder since reducing, amongst other pains and my body keeps clicking xx

• Posted

Hi Toria

It's weird isn't it but not that uncommon. I've read posts on other sites where people have experienced the same.😕

• Posted

have you experienced breast pain at all? im 11 months on 6mg in 3 days xx

• Posted

Hey there Lina, good to hear from you too, and thank you. I just did a main post about blipping. It's sooo sodding annoying. I keep thinking that in 8 and a half months of taking this, I should have settled and become blip free, but it doesn't seem to go that way, eh? Sometimes I despair that this process is just sooooo slow.

Have also come down with a cold so probably that has knocked me....I get so frustrated at being shaken by supposedly little things such as this. I just want to be free from all this nonsense.

Well, don't beat self up about experimenting with the dose. I think when we get desperate, that's what we do, we just want to feel better, after all. Really hope you settle on 7.5mg again soon.

Nobody gets the alcohol thing...unless they've experienced it. It's just not worth it , for me. I'd rather go without than risk wobbling around....I kep trying, but keep getting the same result 😉

Thanks Lina x

• Posted

Hi Toria

Sometimes I get sore ribs in my chest, I get costochondritis and sometimes this can make my breasts sore but I've had this on and off all my adult life. It's exasperated by anxiety because that causes inflammation, which is what costo is, it's a vicious circle.

• Posted

aw bless you! ive had my breasts checked several times but when its the same one that is sore it scares you! i hope you settle on 7.5 again soon! im not dropping again until next spring xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.