Achilies tendon rupture conservative treatment

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im going into my 12 th week post rupture . Was wondering how other people are getting on . 

Im doing well but not counting my chickens yet . I was put in a boot with early weight baring . 25% from week 2 upto full from week 4 to week 8 if it felt ok which it did . Iv been walking out of the boot starting around the house at first but are now walking outdoors . I started movement exercises from week 3 so when i came out of the boot My ankle and foot was strong and supple . Just put this on as i know how scary it is at first and how any info helps . 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for the tips.  I ruptured my right foot Achilles tendon and had surgery a week later. I am now in my 2nd cast pointed at 90 degrees but I still have 2 weeks without driving since it was on my right foot. Needless to say, I can walk without being so crutch-dependent but I have another 2 weeks with this one and crutches. I will go back March 26 to get the final cast removed and hopefully I will have to wear the boot and get back to driving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.