Achillies rupture

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi , last August I was dancing on a dance floor I thought I ruptured my achillies It was not diagnosed till March this year A complete 3.7 cm rupture I have now had surgery they took a tendon from my foot to reattach my achillies Surgery went well with achillies but I have been left with servere nerve pain in my foot It is servere in the middle of the foot and sends pain through my toes My toes have been curling in from the pain and have a lot of power I my toes Has anybody else suffered from this servere nerve pain after an achillies operation 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have just had the operation, so far it seems ok, but I have heard that nerve pain is one of the risks.. How long ago did you have the operation ..?  
    • Posted

I had the surgery on Aug 5 still in boot for another 4to 6 weeks the nerve pain in the foot to the toes is unbearable at times
    • Posted

What did the surgeon say about this pain?

Have you had any physiotherapy?

Are your toes pink and warm?

Is the boot too tight?

Jean

• Posted

The surgeon has fast tracked me to a neurologist now have to have a nerve conduct test

To early for physio still in boot for another 4 weeks maybe

Toes are warm just curling in from servere pain and can't straighten them anymore

No boot definitately not to tight

Ivan

• Posted

What medication are you taking?

Are you in the UK ?

Hope you don't mind my asking.

Jean

• Posted

I am taking Lyrica 300

Endep 10

Cheers , I live in Australia the land down under

• Posted

Why are you taking Lyrica. Is it for nerve pain?

Were you taking it before you got these problems?

I would advise that you google the side effects of this drug. I took it and got cortical myoclonus as a rare side effect.

• Posted

I am taking lyrics yes because of bad nerve pain in the foot it's unbearable at times and no ne'er taken them before this

I know what the effects are but I have no choice the pain is so bad at times its like they impinged a or sone nerves

• Posted

Lyrica can also cause nerve damage.

It is best to approach the manufacturers for a product data sheet for the full details on any drug.

Once the Lyrica has caused myoclonus there is no going back. With pain there is a chance it may go or be alleviated by safer drugs.

300 mgs of Lyrica is a big dose anyway.

I am just trying to stop someone else suffering from myoclonus which is a movement disorder.

Jean

• Posted

Please google the side effects of Lyrica and there is a link to drugs.com

At least 4 people in the UK developed serious condition of corticl myoclonus due to lyrica/ Pregabelin. Yes you do have a choice.

Vit B12 can help nerve pain.

• Posted

Sorry if my respone about Lyrica is not what you would like to hear but it is the truth. 

There are safer alternatives. try not to worry.

Take care

Jean

• Posted

I take Lyrica for my Epilepsy but it is supposed to be very good for nerve pain, I am sure that's what got me through the years of Achellies tendinitis without other pain killers.. I also take tegretol for my epilepsy which is also good for nerve pain... May I ask when after your operation the nerve pain started ?  
    • Posted

Tegretol and Lyrica can cause nerve damage. That is the irony. Please check this out for yourselves.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Jean.

• Posted

Dear Ivan

I thought tthat I would write to you about the Lyrica.

I felt guilty tellling you about the side effects of this drug and what it did to me. However I just wanted to say that I do empathise with you about the unbearable paain.

I am in the same situation pain wise and today has been a very bad day for me in that respect. I know what pain can do to ones quality of life.

I would definitely continue looking into alternatives to Lyrica though.

Most of the anti epileptic drugs are very potent and should be avoided at all costs whenever possible. Obviously this posting does not apply to people with epilepsy. Never stop or reduce the dose of any medication especially anti epileptic medication without consulting a doctor or neurologis and seeking their opinion and/or approval.

Sorry to keep going on and on about it but like I said I AM having a bad day pain wise.

I understand that magnesium is a muscle relaxant .

Does the pain come and go? Does it vary in severity and if so have you any idea why?

Does anything help with the pain, appart from lyrica I mean. What makes the pain worse etc, etc.

Do you get any backache, numbness of the saddle area at all?

Do you have the signs and symptoms of plantar faciitis at all? Hope you do not mind my questions.

Take care

Jean

Jean

• Posted

Hi Ivan

What is endep?

I tried to google it but was unsuccessful. I live in England so unsure what it is and how effective.

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.