Achillies rupture

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi , last August I was dancing on a dance floor I thought I ruptured my achillies It was not diagnosed till March this year A complete 3.7 cm rupture I have now had surgery they took a tendon from my foot to reattach my achillies Surgery went well with achillies but I have been left with servere nerve pain in my foot It is servere in the middle of the foot and sends pain through my toes My toes have been curling in from the pain and have a lot of power I my toes Has anybody else suffered from this servere nerve pain after an achillies operation 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

QUINOLONES AND OTHER DRUGS CAN CAUSE TENDONITIS AND RUPTURED TENDONS.
  • Posted

Hi I had a tendon transplant took tendon from big toe to fill gap and I didn't have any nerve damage pain at all the only difference is o can't fully bend big toe so Def make sure it's checked the only pain I have is my ankle area where my scar is and a year on still hurts good luck Def keep going back till its sorted x
    • Posted

That's prob understandable you haven't got full movement in your big toe No nerve pain is good

Yeah I will be def going back and getting it checked out

• Posted

I was aware it wouldn't move after op so it's fine not sure what it's like in Oz hopefully better than here and there get it sorted for u good luck
    • Posted

Hope yours keeps improving

Yeah they will eventually sort it out

Here in Oz bit cold but now in spring getting a little warmer

• Posted

Mine was missed first time at doctors so had to wait for op etc by time I had it felt I'd never walk properly again let alone run but nine months on walking fine bit of pain but I should exercise it more and about to start running again so u will get back to normal it just takes a while x
    • Posted

Keep up the good work Mine will be slow but I'll get there in time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.