Achy all over

Posted , 10 users are following.

What do you ladies do for achy legs or just plain old achiness all over? I have been aching everywhere imaginable.

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It depends. Tonight I struggled with my left shoulder; with pain like that I normally use meditation techniques, I may draw my attention to it and stay with/ observe the sensation or breath into that part of the body. Sometimes focusing on it in that way may take the edge of it, other times focusing on my breath instead would distract me and that may be needed. Sometimes I use ibuprofen gel for my shoulder. Close to my period and when I bless heavily I may have the ache all over feeling, I just try to keep myself busy to take mind of the discomfort. It's not easy and it makes me so much more irritable. Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Yes I have a relaxation app that helps with anxiety. I will try it for the aches as well. I need to get back into my yoga.
  • Posted

Feeling the same way tonight... legs and hip joints are aching pretty badly.  I'll probably take Tylenol and get under a warm quilt.  Sometimes, I use a heating pad or hot water bottle.  I hope you find relief soon and thank you for this discussion so we can help each other.
  • Posted

Hi this is the first time i've posted but this is my problem, i thought it was just me. Went to the doctor yesterday, a male i may add, he told me that joint pain and aches are not linked to menopause, i've had every blood test going and was advised i'm fit as a fiddle...doesn't feel like that!!, left shoulder pain and legs, at night i use spray magnesium on my legs to get off to sleep, i have to get up in the morning and can't have a lie in due to stiffness and pain, i'm 50 this year and feel 90. I take hrt and thought it would help the pain but it doen'y, at a loss as to what to do now , i'm so exhausted, thanks for listening to me ranting, thanx to all in the group for support x
    • Posted

First off, I'd find another Dr. because he's just going by his precious Merck Manuel and if it doesn't say something in there, then it must not exist....WRONG! Find someone else or a Naturopathic Dr. They have to have the same medical school training only they branch out in more studies.
  • Posted

vit d3 ,k2,magnesium ,3,6,9.oil and magnesium epson salts in bath last thing at night works for me get your vit d checked mine was 8 did ache bit more when first started but after a week felt better good luck 
  • Posted

I found out why I had been achy all over. I went to the doctor and I found out I have a touch of the flu. They told me there was nothing they can give me this point because it's past the first 48 hours. They said I can treat the symptoms over the counter and just let the virus run its course. I haven't had the flu since I was 16!
    • Posted

It would be nice if it were that simple!  I am achy several weeks a month and it is not from the flu.  It is definitely hormonal.  Maybe yours is the flu?  Are you achy often or is this just recent?  
    • Posted

No it was just this time in particular that it was all over like that, especially my legs. I get sore and stiff but this was unusual.
  • Posted

Tonight was horrible ladies and I think I know why, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread so sugar and gluten and decaf coffee, so apparently decaf is just as bad. My shoulder is swollen badly.,   I feel horrible, sore throat, and achy, I felt good before I ate that.  WOW. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.